0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Anyone considered Terra Clean?

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...iRXu3p6HGqJ81w

As seen on Wheeler Dealers

http://youtu.be/sKTp2DjugOA

http://youtu.be/9sjZ1wib34w

This process is available for both petrol and diesel engines.

Something I'm considering doing to my Audi A6. She's now sitting at 95k miles and is running fairly sweetly to be honest.

I have recently replaced the fuel filter and also removed the EGR valve and decarbonised that, I stopped short of removing the intake manifold though so I'm sure I could still see some benefit from this.

I know of a few friends from my Jaguar forum who have had this done and say great things about it. One in particular is taking his wifes car, his brothers and his Father in laws back to be done.
    At a cost of around £70 it definitely sounds worthwhile to me and won't break the bank.

Unfortunately demand is so great right now with still only a few dealers set up that it may not happen tomorrow.

Anyone any thoughts on this?

MY2008 (58) XJ X358 2.7 Tdvi Sovereign
    LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys
    MY2007 Audi A6 2.0 Tdi SE (BRE)
    176bhpStratos Blue.Front & Rear park assist,Comms Pack High,19" RS4 alloys,Rear tints,Dipped bulbs 80W,Mainbeams & Foglights 100W,Number plate LED's,Interior LED's

0 1 0

2. Re: Terraclean anyone?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Hi Jim,

I knew someone had asked before on here Question Terraclean De-carbonizing

Not considered it myself (and probably won't) but not sure what benefit it would make on a diesel.

0 0 0

3. Re: Terraclean anyone?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Cheers Chris.

Why would you think it wouldn't work just as well on a diesel?
    Have you looked at their website Chris? There are some pretty good videos there and some quick examples of why it would be.

Having cleaned my EGR as you know, which at 95k miles wasn't nearly as bad as some I'd seen pics of, but nonetheless had enough of a sooty build up to need cleaned.
    I didn't get around to the intake manifold etc so I'm sure it could still see some benefit for sure.

If this does what it says it does ( I've had recommendations from several people I know on forums who have had it done and swear blind its helped ) on the tin for £70 I'll give it a go.

Just paid to get a fresh new fuel filter installed and cabin filter, look after my tyres and change them when needed, same with pads n discs, air filter so the car can breathe more easily. I do regular oil + filter changes to keep things fresh as well so....................makes sense to me.
    Last edited by JimC64; 13-08-2012 at 03:11 PM.

LWB remapped to 245bhp, Black, Ivory leather interior with black piping, 20" Alloys
    176bhpStratos Blue.Front & Rear park assist,Comms Pack High,19" RS4 alloys,Rear tints,Dipped bulbs 80W,Mainbeams & Foglights 100W,Number plate LED's,Interior LED's

0 0 0

4. Re: Terraclean anyone?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Turns out there's a place by me in Glasgow.

I called the owner / operator, Scott Berry and have arranged to call in on Wednesday afternoon to get this done.

The cost is £85 and includes a before and after emmissions test that will show the results. I'm hoping to get a few snapshots, perhaps a video of the process and post up before and after about the results.

Also, moving forward if I manage to achieve any noticeable gains in mpg

1 0 0

5. Re: Terraclean anyone?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Not enough proof to support their claims for me. Smacks of an expensive redex treatment.

I'd want to see some proper statistical analysis that shows this treatment actually works.

Making claims like
    Quote Originally Posted by terraqueen
    TerraClean solutions and products which all help make; motorcycles, cars, vans, trucks & agricultural vehicles operate more efficient and environmentally friendly, restoring MPG and performance.
    are far too vague and I'm surprised people are mug enough to pay for it.

0 0 2

6. Re: Terraclean anyone?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Wow.....................WOW.
    I'm a mug now Esh??

You need to get a grip mate.............you're "supposed" to be a moderator!
    If you started that on my forum, you'd be history pretty quickly, I can tell you.

By all means, if you think you know better, or even if you disagree with me by all means say so, but with those comments you go too far for me.

Not cool

0 0 0

7. Re: Terraclean anyone?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC64 View Post
    Wow.....................WOW.
    I'm a mug now Esh??

You need to get a grip mate.............you're "supposed" to be a moderator!
    If you started that on my forum, you'd be history pretty quickly, I can tell you.

By all means, if you think you know better, or even if you disagree with me by all means say so, but with those comments you go too far for me.

Not cool
    If i thought you were a mug, I'd tell you straight, regardless of my position on the forum - I'm not known for mincing my words on VWAF.
    What I actually said was,

Quote Originally Posted by Eshrules View Post
    Not enough proof to support their claims for me. Smacks of an expensive redex treatment.

I'd want to see some proper statistical analysis that shows this treatment actually works.

Making claims like <insert quote from cleaning website> are far too vague and I'm surprised people are mug enough to pay for it.
    I am a moderator, moderators are entitled to express their opinion(s) and that's what I did, I apologise if that offends you.

0 0 0

8. Re: Terraclean anyone?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    To be honest with you Esh, generally I'm a fairly straight talking guy and face to face I'm sure we'd talk it out. You have your opinion and I have mine, thats the way of the world. There's mincing your words and there's being just plain offensive.

Forum life is about the written word and different from the real world as I'm sure you know. Sometimes tact is needed and I'm afrad you lack this, certainly this time.
    I've never had a problem with you or any other moderator Esh and don't intend to if I can help it, its not my way.
    Suffice to say I'm disappointed in your choice of words and think you could have worded it better, no matter what your opinions may be.

Every forum is different, I'm a member of around 9 all in I guess. An Admin on one, a moderator on two others and a regular member on several others.
    Some I frequent more than others, and some I use for information only............and there's a good reason for that, not all forums are equal.

A good moderator may weild a big stick, but use it sparingly and always have the best interests of the members at heart. Being a moderator doesn't entitle you or anyone to go at it like a bull in a china shop and cause offence. In fact the opposite should be true and a moderator should be looking to keep things calm and on the straight and narrow.............maybe your views and mine on that are different too?

As Admin or moderator I may disagree with a member, but I'd never tell it straight like that, even though I would probably in real life............my words would be minced in other words.

Hopefully we can agree to disagree and put this away?

The Terraclean goes ahead tomorrow and I'll post up my findings and see if they match up with Ed China and Wheeler Dealers.
    I'd be surprised if many thought that they or the TV company they represent were mugs, but I could be wrong..........I have been before.

1 2 0

9. Re: Terraclean anyone?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC64 View Post
    To be honest with you Esh, generally I'm a fairly straight talking guy and face to face I'm sure we'd talk it out. You have your opinion and I have mine, thats the way of the world. There's mincing your words and there's being just plain offensive.

Forum life is about the written word and different from the real world as I'm sure you know. Sometimes tact is needed and I'm afrad you lack this, certainly this time.
    I've never had a problem with you or any other moderator Esh and don't intend to if I can help it, its not my way.
    Suffice to say I'm disappointed in your choice of words and think you could have worded it better, no matter what your opinions may be.

Every forum is different, I'm a member of around 9 all in I guess. An Admin on one, a moderator on two others and a regular member on several others.
    Some I frequent more than others, and some I use for information only............and there's a good reason for that, not all forums are equal.

A good moderator may weild a big stick, but use it sparingly and always have the best interests of the members at heart. Being a moderator doesn't entitle you or anyone to go at it like a bull in a china shop and cause offence. In fact the opposite should be true and a moderator should be looking to keep things calm and on the straight and narrow.............maybe your views and mine on that are different too?

As Admin or moderator I may disagree with a member, but I'd never tell it straight like that, even though I would probably in real life............my words would be minced in other words.

Hopefully we can agree to disagree and put this away?

The Terraclean goes ahead tomorrow and I'll post up my findings and see if they match up with Ed China and Wheeler Dealers.
    I'd be surprised if many thought that they or the TV company they represent were mugs, but I could be wrong..........I have been before.
    Jim,

I've been a member of VWAF for 6 years, I've always posted in my own (some call unique) honest 'spade's a spade' manner and will continue to do so - whether people agree with it or not.

My post has nothing to do with my moderator status, it's my opinion and (to repeat a phrase I often use on here) every member is entitled to their own.

You're right in that no two forums are the same and I think the way VWAF is moderated strikes the perfect balance. You can agree or disagree with that, that's your perogative and you're entitled to it.

As I said, I'd be interested in seeing some proper statistical analysis of how Terraclean affects the emissions and MPG of a vehicle, not hearsay or doctored testimonials, I mean properly conducted scientific studies.

If a firm's charging £70 a pop for these treatments, they should have some decent scientific research behind it to be able to explain to sceptics like me, why it's worth the £70 fee.

0 0 0

10. Re: Terraclean anyone?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eshrules View Post
    Jim,

I've been a member of VWAF for 6 years, I've always posted in my own (some call unique) honest 'spade's a spade' manner and will continue to do so - whether people agree with it or not.

My post has nothing to do with my moderator status, it's my opinion and (to repeat a phrase I often use on here) every member is entitled to their own.

You're right in that no two forums are the same and I think the way VWAF is moderated strikes the perfect balance. You can agree or disagree with that, that's your perogative and you're entitled to it.

As I said, I'd be interested in seeing some proper statistical analysis of how Terraclean affects the emissions and MPG of a vehicle, not hearsay or doctored testimonials, I mean properly conducted scientific studies.

If a firm's charging £70 a pop for these treatments, they should have some decent scientific research behind it to be able to explain to sceptics like me, why it's worth the £70 fee.
    The above answer is fair enough Esh and I can relate to that..............the earlier comment? No!

Have you had a look at the website?
    Have you seen the system in use with before and after emmissions results? They are there!

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...jtm6cJY7Av2NxQ

The link below...........go into the Video section and look at the scientifics behind it

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...3ZWYU7IHvGfhwg

The link below is to a post / testimonial done by one of the guys on one of my Jag forums.
    He loves his car, takes very good care of it and does a lot of DIY himself as well as many upgrades.
    He is one that will also call a spade a spade and say if something is right or not......his testimonial forms part of his post I guess

Terraclean as seen on Wheeler Dealers...my results!

Personally, I don't think I have a problem with my emmissions, I'm interested to see what it does for my mpg.
    If I can get another 3-4mpg or even a little less, it will pay for itself and save money going forward.

BTW - I should add I'm not involved with them for commercial gain in any way shape or form....lol

1 1 0

Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast