Hello all
Have an 18 VW Arteon that is just now out of warranty.
But at the start of the year in January i contact my local VW dealer about my Discovery Pro as it had developed a fault in the screen, the old dead row of pixels.
The dealer told me to send on some whatapp image to the helpful technician on his workphone as well as including the mileage etc.
He said that he'd contact VW about getting the green light and then id be able to come in to get a new Head Unit fitted free of charge and programmed under its warranty.
So i hear nothing for a while, send a few unanswered whatapps to the guys workphone saying stuff like i can call in to the dealer if needed etc.
Eventually rang them and they said the request had "timed out" and he'd submit again, very helpful guy and apologetic.
Anyway no word from him again, he said everything was via email.

Now on the 16th of March i complained to VW Ireland with no reply so i tried to call them, ended up with live chat and eventually the dealer called me.
This time they said "VW will do goodwill on this at 70/30 my way" OR i prepay for one of their rip-off oil services at €169 and get a service and the repair for free.
I asked why do i need goodwill or to be asked to pay for a service if its warranty covered, to which he replied "its out of warranty".
I mentioned that i had initiated contact prior to the warranty expiring but the guy wouldnt give in.
So i tried getting on to VW yesterday and have the same VW Ireland advisor contact me on my mobile phne to talk, but she didnt call.

Do you think i should hold out and pester VW and explain how they are basically conning me?

I am exteremely annoyed with their service. TBH on the phone i would have demanded a free service, instead im being charged for something that isnt my faulty.

If i get no satisfaction i was thinking of complaining to the CCPC (consumer protection) of Ireland
Anyone any advice or thoughts on my situation.