Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Golf Mk5 Tow Bars - Q&A - All you need to know Guide!! Advice, Tips...

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930
  1. Re: Golf Mk5 Tow Bars - Q&A - All you need to know Guide!! Advice, Tips... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frisko76 View Post
    but on rear 13 pin, in the 9 hole position, i have always 13volt costant also key off and car closed!!there is an a problem!!
    No, there isn't a problem. Terminal 9 of the 13pin connector should have a constant 12~14V supply.

Attached Images

0 0 0

2. Re: Golf Mk5 Tow Bars - Q&A - All you need to know Guide!! Advice, Tips... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Ok..thanks dear!!

0 0 0

3. Re: Golf Mk5 Tow Bars - Q&A - All you need to know Guide!! Advice, Tips... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    I'm about to fit a towbar to my Golf, using the 7N Tebas (spelling) Bypass Relay.

Anyway, I'm going to put the bypass Relay in the drivers side of the boot to avail of the cigarette socket.
    Am I correct in thinking I will need to bring 2 wires across from the left light cluster in the form of the indicator and the parking tail light? Or can I connect the drivers side tail light wire to both the tail light wires on the Tebas Relay?
    Also, regards the brake light, is this a single common feed wire that operates the tail light as well? Do I only need to connect 1 brake light to the relay?

0 0 0

4. Re: Golf Mk5 Tow Bars - Q&A - All you need to know Guide!! Advice, Tips... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TdiBlacky140 View Post
    Am I correct in thinking I will need to bring 2 wires across from the left light cluster in the form of the indicator and the parking tail light?
    Well, you don't really need two but if your having to bring one wire over anyway why not just do the job properly and bring over both.

Quote Originally Posted by TdiBlacky140
    can I connect the drivers side tail light wire to both the tail light wires on the Tebas Relay?
    Yes you can, but if the driver's tail light circuit on the car fails you'll have no tail lights on either side of the trailer. So it's best to do the job properly and connect the two tail lamp circuits to input side of the relay.

Quote Originally Posted by TdiBlacky140
    Do I only need to connect 1 brake light to the relay?
    Yes.

0 0 0

5. Re: Golf Mk5 Tow Bars - Q&A - All you need to know Guide!! Advice, Tips... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Thanks for clarifying. Just have 1 more query I'm still unsure of.

On the Mk V golf, is there definitely not a common shared wire controlling both the side light and the brake light? I read some cars have such a set-up and thought the Golf did too. See the quote below, I thought the Golf was like that. On my Golf V, on the drivers side rear lamp when I check the black/purple wire with a multimeter with the side lights on I get 2.5v and then when I press the brakes this same black / purple wire goes to 14v. So is this result suggesting a common shared wire for both the tail and brake? Does 1 bulb double up as both the tail light and brake bulb?

Also, with the parking / side lights on the Grey / Yellow wire read 2.5v

"The signal wires may also carry varying signals, for instance in the case of a single brake/tail light bulb, it's single signal wire can carry 2 signals - one instructing the bulb to light at low intensity, the other when the brakes are operated to light the bulb at high intensity. "

0 0 0

6. Re: Golf Mk5 Tow Bars - Q&A - All you need to know Guide!! Advice, Tips... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    On the Mk V golf, is there definitely not a common shared wire controlling both the side light and the brake light?
    Yes, I think the brake lamp on the MK V does function as both a tail lamp and a brake lamp, so both functions are controlled by a single wire.

And to answer your next question....yes, you still need to wire both tail lamps and the brake lamp circuits to the bypass relay.

0 0 0

7. Re: Golf Mk5 Tow Bars - Q&A - All you need to know Guide!! Advice, Tips... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash2 View Post
    Yes, I think the brake lamp on the MK V does function as both a tail lamp and a brake lamp, so both functions are controlled by a single wire.

And to answer your next question....yes, you still need to wire both tail lamps and the brake lamp circuits to the bypass relay.
    I don't mean to contradict you, but I don't think that's correct.

Troubleshooting:

Problem Solution
    Vehicle has only one wire feeding both the brake and side lights Disregard both the brown and black wires from the relay and connect only the red wire to this shared wire on the loom. The relay will operate the side and brake lights from this single signal. Tape up the brown and
    black wires.

How to Fit a Multiplex Bypass Relay

0 0 0

8. Re: Golf Mk5 Tow Bars - Q&A - All you need to know Guide!! Advice, Tips... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    I don't mean to contradict you, but I don't think that's correct.
    If that's what the fitting instructions say then obviously follow the instructions rather than the advise of some clown on the forums
    If it works OK with one wire, happy days. If not, no big deal. Just connect the additional wires. But either way, post back and let us know how it goes for the benefit of the next guy.

0 0 0

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930