1. New guy with a headache LT46 speed limiter 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Guys. New here and am hoping for a little help with the speed limiter fitted to my LT46. It is fitted with a tacho and seems to be a sealed unit connected to the back of the speedo, the tacho has a few wires coming from the back, One of which goes to the ecu, the others go to a connector at the right side of the fuse box under the steering column.
    There is a connector that can be disconnected that has 3 (possibly 4) wires to it that seems to be the speedo pick up as when i disconnect it the speedo stops working. there is also one single white wire that has a cover over it with a "tamperproof" box round it.

I have disconnected one or all of these and when all is connected, i have all revs in every gear up to the 90 kph limiter, if i disconnect any (or all) of these, the limiter is removed and i can drive at any speed, within reason, but if i go over around 3k rpm the van seems to go into "limp mode" if i turn it off and back on again, full power is restored.

I am waiting for the dvla to return the V5 as plg instead of lgv and i will be turning it into a motorhome for travelling round europe with the family.
    I just couldnt cope at 56mph

Sorry for the long post but i wanted to ensure you had a lot of the details. I can also add more details if needed. Thanks in advance

Millsy

0 0 0

2. Re: New guy with a headache LT46 speed limiter 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    There is a post back on page 3 headed "ref 2.5 tdi lt35/vlwbh, take a look at the second page of post, may be of help

0 0 0

3. Re: New guy with a headache LT46 speed limiter 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rayl View Post
    There is a post back on page 3 headed "ref 2.5 tdi lt35/vlwbh, take a look at the second page of post, may be of help
    Thanks, i did see that (i use a lot of forums and also use the search button before posting)
    but unfortunately, i have (i think) tried unplugging the wire b7(thats the one i described as being in a "tamperproof" box. I also cut the wire directly at the ecu, but all that any of these do is to put me in "limp mode" or reduce my torque if i go over a certain rev.
    Until then though, the speed limiter is removed. Its like i am also removing the rev limiter so if the engine goes over 3k rpm, limp mode kicks in.

When i re-join the wires (any of the ones i cut) all is superb, all revs in each gear, but only up to 90kph

On the upside, today i used a grinder and cut the fibreglass roof section out that used to house the fridge unit. (also spent 3 days removing the insulation and fibreglass from the inside)

Millsy

0 0 0

4. Re: New guy with a headache LT46 speed limiter 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi did you get to the bottom of you speed limited problem, from my commercial experiance Tacho only record you driving time and speed travelled, the speed limiter aspect would be built into the engine ecu, vag con or similar sould be able to remove this

0 0 0

5. Re: New guy with a headache LT46 speed limiter 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi there. Yes i did. I had to send my ecu away to have it removed. Apparently its factory set with certain "values" which arent removable once set. We had to remove the ecu's cover and mod some resistor (or something similar) I recieved the ecu back and speed limiter off.

I still have the tacho but just dont use it. Also, i have had the van code read since doing it and it says "ecu blocked"

Millsy.

0 0 0

6. Re: New guy with a headache LT46 speed limiter 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    Once ECU is set it cant be` lifted back up`, only lowered if required !! Crazy i know !
    Alan.

A6 Avant (C7) 3.0 TFSI Quattro S-Tronic
    APR St1 Custom Exhaust - now gone
    VW T6 150 DSG Camper £££

0 0 0

7. Re: New guy with a headache LT46 speed limiter 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by themills View Post
    hi there. Yes i did. I had to send my ecu away to have it removed. Apparently its factory set with certain "values" which arent removable once set. We had to remove the ecu's cover and mod some resistor (or something similar) I recieved the ecu back and speed limiter off.

I still have the tacho but just dont use it. Also, i have had the van code read since doing it and it says "ecu blocked"

Millsy.
    Hi.
    Could you PLEASE tell me who got your speed limiter removed!!!! I have sent my ECU to about 5 different companies who claim to be able to do it and all have sent it back saying it's not possible. I had given up untill I saw your post. Is there a light at the end of the 56mph tunnel?????
    Thanks. Will.

0 0 0

8. Re: New guy with a headache LT46 speed limiter 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    pm'd

0 0 0

9. Re: New guy with a headache LT46 speed limiter 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by themills View Post
    pm'd
    Thank you very much. I'll be contacting them tomorrow!

0 0 0

10. Re: New guy with a headache LT46 speed limiter 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Could you send me details company aswell! Please! And you got removed from them? Any issues ever since.?

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast