1. Bluetooth Ringtone, MMI 3G, Blackberry 8310, A2DP 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have been pondering a few car-related things today, for sure, and this is going to be my last one, for a while. In my B6 with RNS-E and Bluetooth (back in the olden days ) with a Nokia 6310i, when the phone rang I had the ringtone from my phone echoed in the car speakers - rather than some default "ring-ring".

This was good. The simple Nokia ringtone was not polyphonic or whatever the term is... my girlfriend's snazzier phone had some kind of MP3 tune playing ability and she got "ring-ring" when paired.

All that is understood. But it is just a backstory, not part of my current question...

With the B8 and MMI 3G - now I have a Blackberry Curve 8310 that plays an MP3 as its ringtone - I get "ring-ring" and I wondered if this uber-technical car-and-phone combination had the capability to ring my phone's ringtone on the car's speakers instead of the default "ring-ring".

Initial research seems to infer it could be something to do with A2DP. I think the Blackberry supports it and I have read (not from an authoritative source) that MMI 3G should support it too... who knows if that is true. There are also some sources saying MMI 3G will get A2DP support via a software update.

When I look at my Bluetooth options for "AUDI MMI XXXX", I see - Trusted = Yes, Encryption = Yes, Echo Control = Automatic, Services = Hands-Free Unit, Unknown... compare this with my Bluetooth enabled TV and I see Trusted = Ask, Encryption = Enabled, Services = Object Push. The Blackberry device itself has Services = Headset, Handsfree, Desktop Connectivity, Wireless Bypass, Dial-Up Networking, Audio Source and A/V Remote Control Target in the Bluetooth settings.

Nothing about A2DP wherever I look.

Am I sniffing along the right route here? Is it even possible to get these two devices jiving nicely together so I might actually be able to hear my Blackberry's ringtone through the car's speakers when receiving a call?
    Cheers, Hippo
    A4 2.0 TDI 150ps Black Edition (B&O, AMI, flat-bottomed steering wheel), alcantara, heated front seats, PQ6 wheels, technology package, Audi Connect, advanced key, interior light pack, folding and dimming mirrors, parking system advanced, TPMS

0 0 0

2. Re: Bluetooth Ringtone, MMI 3G, Blackberry 8310, A2DP 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Have done some more research via my friend, Google, and now think this is looking like a non-starter...
    Cheers, Hippo
    A4 2.0 TDI 150ps Black Edition (B&O, AMI, flat-bottomed steering wheel), alcantara, heated front seats, PQ6 wheels, technology package, Audi Connect, advanced key, interior light pack, folding and dimming mirrors, parking system advanced, TPMS

0 0 0

3. Re: Bluetooth Ringtone, MMI 3G, Blackberry 8310, A2DP 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Hi Hip,

I too have a Blackberry Curve 8310, and when I look at the device properties of the Audi MMI-XXXX bluetooth connection I see the same as you - Trusted: Yes, Encryption: Enabled, Echo Control: Automatic, Services: Hands-Free unit, Unknown.

The connection is being made via HFP (Hands-Free profile), which does not support streaming of music etc. The A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) connection method would most likely support streaming of mp3 ringtones to the car, but I don't believe either the Curve or the car support this profile.

My understanding is that currently, Audi Bluetooth prep low supports HFP, and Bluetooth High supports rSAP (remote SIM Access Profile), neither of which will allow streaming of music.

As you say - it's looking like a non-starter.

MF.
    Gone: 2016 A6 Saloon BE Ultra S tronic - Floret Silver, Tech Pack Advanced, Parking Pack Advanced, Heated F+R Seats & Wheel, Electric Seats, Matrix LED, Ambient Lighting, Speed Limit Display, Twin Spoke 20", Folding Memory Mirrors
    Now: E 53 AMG 4MATIC
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 0 0

4. Re: Bluetooth Ringtone, MMI 3G, Blackberry 8310, A2DP 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So, it was this interview that I saw with an Audi chap that indicated MMI 3G would be A2DP enabled or enable-able without the need for any dongle. The conversation seemed to be about iPhones (not A2DP, at the time) and if the phone was A2DP then MMI 3G should work with it - is the inference.

Brabec: No, I do not believe so. What I do believe you can do is a software update that includes the A2DP - which is an audio protocol that allows you to stream music. What you then need is an adaptor which plugs into the iPod. So you plug in a Bluetooth adaptor onto the iPod and you can stream music from the iPod and don't have to plug it in.
    Fourtitude: Will Audi market any attachment like that?
    Brabec: There are certain phones that stream MP3 music so for those it is more interesting because there you do not have to seek for something to plug the phone into.
    Fourtitude: So if you have paired a phone that contains music like an iPhone can you stream?
    Brabec: I don't think iPhone by itself has an A2DP functionality.
    Fourtitude: So it has to be a A2DP phones?
    Brabec: Yes.
    Fourtitude: So if you have an A2DP phone…
    Brabec: With the patch that can be downloaded on the Website, the 2G MMI will work. You also have to buy a special “dongle”. On the 3G system, the Bluetooth will be capable of doing this without additional hardware, and the functionality will come in near future.
    The Blackberry Curve 8310 is supposed to have the A2DP feature... well, I guess that's more of a question than a statement, 'cos I have conflicting information here...

http://crackberry.com/exclusive-blac...dp-blackberrys

The newest BlackBerrys to hit the market have A2DP support - the BlackBerry Curves (8300, 8310, 8320) and the Pearl "2"s (8120, 8130) are all good to go for listening to streaming audio over bluetooth stereo accessories. But older BlackBerrys, like the Pearl 8100 and BlackBerry 8800 lack that support.

And Blackberry themselves, which infers no for the 8310, but yes for the 8320...

http://uk.blackberry.com/devices/bla...ifications.jsp

So, basically, I don't think I'm gonna get any joy - but I'm wondering what is holding me back... one thing or both things?
    Cheers, Hippo

0 0 0

5. Re: Bluetooth Ringtone, MMI 3G, Blackberry 8310, A2DP 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry to reply on a very old thread, But I think it necessary for me to know about it, Because I have an old blackberry smartphone and I am trying to use this WhatsApp Plus to use dual WhatsApp but I can't, So I would like to hear from you does blackberry smartphones support this type of applications?
    Last edited by dustine79; 26-03-2023 at 07:08 AM.

0 0 0