Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Wet carpet in passenger footwell??

1. Wet carpet in passenger footwell?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, i was hoping someone could help! And please bear with me as i'm not a car expert!

I'v got an 03 Bora TDI, and recently i'v noticed the carpet in the passenger footwell is wet. Its not like a puddle though as i didn't notice until i lifted the mat and saw the mat was wet on the back. So i'm not sure when this started?!

I got told it could be the heater matrix, but i would have thought if that was the case then i would notice the difference in the heating but i haven't it all works the same as it always has.

Then there is another problem which i'm not sure if its related or not. But earlier this year i had a water leak and was having to top the coolant up every few days, it turned out to be some leaky valve or seal, i can't quite remember, but it did the job. But the past month i have had to top the coolant up twice, so i'm not sure if this is to do with the previous problem or is related to my wet footwell!

I'v only had the car since march and ever since i have got it, when i start it up in the morning and move out of the parking space it nearly always leaves a trail of water on the floor, which looks like it comes from the passenger side of the engine. I thought it was related to the first leak but even after that was fixed this trail of water is still there, exept for days when it hasn't rained for ages, which leads me to think its rainwater. But could this be the same thing thats causing the wet footwell? A blockage somewhere?

I have checked the pollen filter and that was dry, i'm just not sure what to do next!

Thanks, Ally

0 0 0

2. Re: Wet carpet in passenger footwell?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If your vehicle has A/C which most Bora's do the residual water you speak of on your drive could be down to a natural action of this system. It does sound like something else in your case though due to the amount of water ingress inside the vehicle, if you keep having to pour a fair bit of water into the coolant tank it must be going somewhere! Either into the engine/head or into the car somehow. In my experience from selling countless cars and taking in P/X's interior water ingress is usually down to a poor accident repair or a door seal and when winter comes the water comes in, check the wheel well in the boot area as well.

0 0 0