1. Question Audi Fixed Cost Maintenance Plans 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello to all having recently joined the forum.

Having driven an A3 2.0TDI for the last 3years, I have just ordered my new toy for 2010.

An S3-SPRINT BLUE-AUDI'S LATEST OFFER OF THE NEW TECHNOLOGY PACK which is a great deal-BOSE-PRIVACY GLASS-ALCANTARA BLACK/BLACK AND NON SMOKE PACK.
    Cant wait now till March/April 2010 for DELIVERY

I would now like to ask if anyone has recently bought into an Audi FixedCostMaintenance programme and if so how much are you paying and is it seriously worth considering? As its early days in my order I am not wanting to harrass them too much just yet so would appreciate any info in the meantime?

thanks all

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi Fixed Cost Maintenance Plans 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dansuddabys3 View Post
    Hello to all having recently joined the forum.

Having driven an A3 2.0TDI for the last 3years, I have just ordered my new toy for 2010.

An S3-SPRINT BLUE-AUDI'S LATEST OFFER OF THE NEW TECHNOLOGY PACK which is a great deal-BOSE-PRIVACY GLASS-ALCANTARA BLACK/BLACK AND NON SMOKE PACK.
    Cant wait now till March/April 2010 for DELIVERY

I would now like to ask if anyone has recently bought into an Audi FixedCostMaintenance programme and if so how much are you paying and is it seriously worth considering? As its early days in my order I am not wanting to harrass them too much just yet so would appreciate any info in the meantime?

thanks all
    When i got mine in 2007 they were offering:

Service and Fluids only for £27
    Service, Fluids and Maintenance for about £60
    Service, Fluids, Maintenance and Tyres for £99

Service and Fluids is a bargain at £27 a month.

If you do 30k a year then Maintenance might be worth it, depends on when you'll need brake pads and disks. Also I think the Cambelt is covered as well at 75,000 miles.

Just to note that Skoda (who I've ordered a vRS) do the full Maintenance and Tyres for £77, absolute bargain.

I go through 6 tyres a year!!

Work out your costs per year for the above and divide it by 12 to see if it would be worth it.
    Current Car: Skoda Octavia vRS Hatch 2.0TDi 170 CR in Candy White
    Outgoing Car: 2007 56 Plate Audi A3 Sport Sportback 2.0TDi 170 PD in Black

0 0 0

3. Re: Audi Fixed Cost Maintenance Plans 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks prolfe. interesting. Still waiting for the dealers finance chap to come back with their figures. Guess havin secured the car before the Dec 1st price increased and deal to keep VAT at 15% for delivery next year they are probably waiting for the maintenance prices to be revised.

Lets see - but defo worth considering the service and fluids for starters.

When you say in 2007, was that for an S3?

0 0 0

4. Re: Audi Fixed Cost Maintenance Plans 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Nah just a slow old 170 TDi !!!!

the service plan for fluids is a good idea. saves stumping up £300 smackeroonies in one lump. Also the oil if like mine is £15 a litre and if it needs 5 litres then that's hefty to pay in a lump as well.

Whatcar will have the 3 year service costs, have a look and work out what that would be over 36 months.

Considor the maintenance as well, an extra £30 will get you a set of pads allround every 30k or less maybe. Disks will or should last longer, and they are pricey.

0 0 0

5. Re: Audi Fixed Cost Maintenance Plans 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Top stuff - thanks for the info chap.

When does your SK arrive and why the change??

0 0 0

6. Re: Audi Fixed Cost Maintenance Plans 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dansuddabys3 View Post
    Top stuff - thanks for the info chap.

When does your SK arrive and why the change??
    Was paying £362 for my Audi but wanted a new one but paying less, wasn't prepared to compromise on speed or quality.

That pretty much ruled out cars like: Insignia, Mondeo, IS220, Mazda 6 etc etc

Couldn't get another Audi. Seat Leon is bland, the vRS was the easy and quick choice.

If they had the new 211bhp VAG engine then I would of had that as its really fuel efficient but they haven't.

So the 170bhp CR vRS was the one. Like my PD version Revo and Superchips have had them stock at 190bhp, so the speed is still there.

0 0 0

7. Re: Audi Fixed Cost Maintenance Plans 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by prolfe View Post
    Was paying £362 for my Audi but wanted a new one but paying less, wasn't prepared to compromise on speed or quality.

That pretty much ruled out cars like: Insignia, Mondeo, IS220, Mazda 6 etc etc

Couldn't get another Audi. Seat Leon is bland, the vRS was the easy and quick choice.

If they had the new 211bhp VAG engine then I would of had that as its really fuel efficient but they haven't.

So the 170bhp CR vRS was the one. Like my PD version Revo and Superchips have had them stock at 190bhp, so the speed is still there.

make sure you post some feed back on VRs vs A3... I need to replace my A3 in july and have sortlisted a VRs as its lower piced etc. i'm keen to know how things like the radio/speakers compare. I'll take the performance a s a given.
    2007 A3 2.0T FSI Quattro - Sold

1 0 0

8. Re: Audi Fixed Cost Maintenance Plans 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by engineermk View Post
    make sure you post some feed back on VRs vs A3... I need to replace my A3 in july and have sortlisted a VRs as its lower piced etc. i'm keen to know how things like the radio/speakers compare. I'll take the performance a s a given.
    Will do. I forgot to put the cost difference. I'll be paying £325 for my vRS and its tax is only £125 a year.

I don't think the speakers will be better. The A3 has a really powerfull setup.

0 0 0

9. Re: Audi Fixed Cost Maintenance Plans 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by engineermk View Post
    vRS speaker update.

Loudness - as good
    Bass - easily as good

The SD card slot is a revalation - well for me anyway. - I have a 4GB Card in there, it's speedy and easy to navigate. Partly due to the touch screen Bolero and partly due to the fact that I have artist folders with songs inside rather than everything in the root of the card.

I created a smart playlist in iTunes that matched the 'Kind' of song as MPEG Audio file

It then created a playlist of all of my MP3 based iTunes music in one folder, then i dragged and dropped the songs to the SD Card.

Simples.

0 0 0