Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Anyone out there got a Yeti yet?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Anyone out there got a Yeti yet? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I am considering a new Yeti 1.2 tsi for March as an alternative to a new Golf or Polo. Anyone out there got any feedback? I have sat in the car and was very impressed but have not yet driven one.

0 0 0

2. Re: Anyone out there got a Yeti yet? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi there i have driven a demo for the last few weeks they are oknice inside and they go well the only thing with the first one the dask was very creaky around the dash insert and the new one i have now steams up alot so there may be initial teething problems with them

1 0 0

3. Re: Anyone out there got a Yeti yet? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks. A few people have reported Yeti cabin rattles on another Skoda forum that I have been looking at. However, I have also learnt that Skoda have made some changes to parts so that the rattle/creak should not appear on the very latest ones......

0 0 0

4. Re: Anyone out there got a Yeti yet? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've just ordered a Yeti SE 110 TDI 4 x 4 which will be due for delivery mid April to beginning of May to replace my 11 year old Merc SLK 230.

John

0 0 0

5. Re: Anyone out there got a Yeti yet? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I ordered mine (a 1.2 TSI S) on 9th January and it is now due end of March / early April. Apparently Skoda have taken orders for three times as many Yetis as originally forecast prior to launch in the UK.
    The press reviews have all been very positive and having driven the car I am incredibly impressed with the ride, handling, refinement, quality and value of the Yeti. Just a shame I have to wait three months......

0 0 0

6. Re: Anyone out there got a Yeti yet? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Had one of these recently as a courtesy car out in Austria when my old Golf broke down on holiday.

Great in the snow, very comfortable on the autobahn and on the twisty back roads. Felt spacious and very solid. So much so, going to test drive on when back in the UK.

Also got a lot of attention from locals as its new out here too.

0 0 0

7. Re: Anyone out there got a Yeti yet? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've got a 1.2tsi 2wd Elegance.

It's great - no creaks or rattles / no steaming up.

Can do up to 48 around town if driven gently. Suffers a bit over 70 though - so if you do lots of motorway work get a diesel.

Standard climate / leather / heated seats / autowipers / autolights / cruise / xenons / RCD510-alike / parking sensors etc. etc.

I got the pana roof too - very clever. If it gets too cold when parked, it shuts the screen inside. If it rains when open, it auto closes. If you leave it open too long (8 hours) it closes itself.

Amazing quick on poor minor roads, as you can float over the bumps !

0 0 0

8. Re: Anyone out there got a Yeti yet? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Seriously thinking about getting one of these now as I need to swop my old Golf GTi for something with more room and a big diesel. The 170bhp with 8.1 secs 0-60 seems great!! Wonder what the handling would be like?

Build quality seems as good as VW though and not lacking on the options at all.

0 0 0

9. Re: Anyone out there got a Yeti yet? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TimS996 View Post
    Seriously thinking about getting one of these now as I need to swop my old Golf GTi for something with more room and a big diesel. The 170bhp with 8.1 secs 0-60 seems great!! Wonder what the handling would be like?

Build quality seems as good as VW though and not lacking on the options at all.
    Handling is great (I was going to say "superb"). Build quality is very good - a lot of the bits are VW bin items - like the climate control.

Try googling and find a bad review - I can't find one !

0 0 0

10. Re: Anyone out there got a Yeti yet? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Is the 4x4 the same unit as in the Tiguan?
    Tiguan CR140 Sport |PDC all round| RNS 510 and RSAP/Iphone Premium BT |
    To do list: RVC, MFSW, MDI, Running Boards

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast