Notices

User Tag List

Thread: VW Passat 2.0 Tdi BKP BIG PROBLEM!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Re: VW Passat 2.0 Tdi BKP BIG PROBLEM! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DSG4ME View Post
    a friend has an 07 Touran DSG with a BKP in it
    A 2007 Touran 140PS 2.0 litre DSG would have a BKD or BMM engine. The BKP engine was only fitted to the Passat 3C from March 2005 to June 2008 and the vulnerable to failure balancer shaft module was only fitted up to approximately the end of August 2005 production so the chain driven balancer shaft unit was only used for the first six months of production on the BKP.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

2. Re: VW Passat 2.0 Tdi BKP BIG PROBLEM! 
    DSG4ME Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    A 2007 Touran 140PS 2.0 litre DSG would have a BKD or BMM engine. The BKP engine was only fitted to the Passat 3C from March 2005 to June 2008 and the vulnerable to failure balancer shaft module was only fitted up to approximately the end of August 2005 production so the chain driven balancer shaft unit was only used for the first six months of production on the BKP.

Christ, how many different engines do they have, I assumed it was a BKP cos it looks the same as mine under the hood.

0 0 0

3. Re: VW Passat 2.0 Tdi BKP BIG PROBLEM! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    There are so many engines now it is daft, I am not sure why there are so many variations but the Touran TDI does not have the balancer shaft assembly, just a direct chain drive oil pump.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

4. Re: VW Passat 2.0 Tdi BKP BIG PROBLEM! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi gireada2005 .... I read a thread and my interpretation was that the problem covered vehicles up to a chassis number of ... WVWZZZ3CZ6P070000 (approximately) so that was igniting my concern lol

It would be great if there was a source that states oil pump problems up to this specific number etc, but by what I've read VW aren’t sure themselves.

Though I’ve got to say this site is great for info relating to anything PASSAT!

Think I would have nicked the info off one of Crasher posting? ... incidently Crasher, your avatar is very small and my eye sight ain't what it use to be! ... would it be a TIGER?... flat fronted glacier plate? ... I was in the Armoured Corp many moons ago

0 0 0

5. Re: VW Passat 2.0 Tdi BKP BIG PROBLEM! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    After much phoning round and very helpful advise from a couple of source "I'm lead to believe" .... VW Passat 2.0 TDi 140bhp engines have chain driven pumps till the Chassis change point ... 6E 082000 ...so mine is a chain driven pump unit

0 0 0

6. Re: VW Passat 2.0 Tdi BKP BIG PROBLEM! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Meds View Post
    incidently Crasher, your avatar is very small and my eye sight ain't what it use to be! ... would it be a TIGER?... flat fronted glacier plate? ... I was in the Armoured Corp many moons ago
    Tis Tiger 131 in Bovington, the Tiger 1, my favourite tank of all time.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: VW Passat 2.0 Tdi BKP BIG PROBLEM! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, i've never heard of this, but having got a Dec 05 2.0 Tdi , will be keeping the music down a bit now for 'whoosh-watch' !

Why didn't VW just recall these series and replace the pump, rather than let it go as far as catastrophic engine damage

Got a taxi home the other night, it was a 55 Passat DSG, brilliant guy driving, and said he loves the car, but has had a bit of a catalogue of problems, just on 88k ...

Makes me wonder, as i had higher end Fords for 23 years, and have spent £90 in repairs in that time does a badge mean everything ?!?!

Love my passat, but not an empty wallet!

0 0 0

8. Re: VW Passat 2.0 Tdi BKP BIG PROBLEM! 
    DSG4ME Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post

So that means basically, if you have a 56 onwards plate you shouldn't get oil pump issues?

tia.

0 0 0

9. Re: VW Passat 2.0 Tdi BKP BIG PROBLEM! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The Tiger had an impressive Gun (AA in origin) ... Krupps manufactured.

Very unreliable, but used in the correct formation and very importantly, "transported to the battle field, not driven in most instances" it, maintained a modicum of reliability.

I've seen the one at the Museum, " is it the one with the jammed turret?" ... you don't realise how big they are till you stand in front of one ... though its not my favourite ... Crusader MK II

The Krupps 88 was as mentioned an AA gun, probably similar to the one the Pope would have used, when he was just following orders

DSG4ME ... check chassis number

0 0 0

10. Re: VW Passat 2.0 Tdi BKP BIG PROBLEM! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Europa25 View Post
    Wow, i've never heard of this, but having got a Dec 05 2.0 Tdi , will be keeping the music down a bit now for 'whoosh-watch' !

Why didn't VW just recall these series and replace the pump, rather than let it go as far as catastrophic engine damage

Got a taxi home the other night, it was a 55 Passat DSG, brilliant guy driving, and said he loves the car, but has had a bit of a catalogue of problems, just on 88k ...

Makes me wonder, as i had higher end Fords for 23 years, and have spent £90 in repairs in that time does a badge mean everything ?!?!

Love my passat, but not an empty wallet!

Same here. I love my passat, but not an emplty wallet. My car also is a 55 plate with D.S.G.. I need to do some digging as my car only has one sticker in the boot and that was for the fuel pump.

have I made a mistake purchasing a VW!!!! My old car a peugeot 406 HDI and was so so reliable I had owned the car for 8yrs and covered in excess of over 200k the only major problem was snapping front coil springs. And fuel pump failure all the rest was the usual wear and tear.

I decided a change to german. I really wanted a 535d and the paasat seemed a more sensible purchase as the price was nealry double for a BMW 55 plate.

I really want to keep the passat as its only covered just under 60k. I was thinking of keeping if for 5 to 8 yrs. But now I'm not so sure.

0 0 0

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast