Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fingers View Post
    Well mine has done this today, however mine is a little strange.

approach car and unlock - handle doesnt work (drivers door)

open windows and the open door from inside - fine

close door and try and open it and all is fine.

if i then lock the car with the remote and unlock again handle doesnt work.

Strange......................................
    Hey The Fingers,
    I have exactly the same strange scenario ad you. How did you resolve yours? I need to put the child lock on soon and worried if I do, it may not open from the outside!

0 0 0

2. Re: Tdi sport drivers door won't open from outside 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fingers View Post
    Well mine has done this today, however mine is a little strange.

approach car and unlock - handle doesnt work (drivers door)

open windows and the open door from inside - fine

close door and try and open it and all is fine.

if i then lock the car with the remote and unlock again handle doesnt work.

Strange......................................
    I have the exact same problem! Very annoying Have you or anyone else found a solution to this?

0 0 0

3. Re: Tdi sport drivers door won't open from outside 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    With the cold weather the grease inside the Bowden cable that connects the lock gear becomes harder and does not allow the cable's inner to slide release, or release fully. Only real solution is to replace cable with an up-to-date revised one from dealer spares.

In worst case the ball at the cable end comes out of the lock's claw clasp. And does not go back in again
    **SOLD** '06 B6 Passat 2L tFSI SEL 3c5, 232 bhp, Geba metal water pump, GlowShift boost & oil pressure gauges, paddles, powder-coated black Chicago rims yellow calipers, JVC KW NX7000/E sat nav DAB BT Ripspeed sub reverse cam, hi-line MFD, MFSW, Skyline tails, Laminex fogs, LEDs, indicator DRLs, Philips X-tremeVision heads, PowerFlow chrome exhaust, tints to rear, vanity VRM, TPMS, power-fold dimming mirrors, brolly

0 0 0

4. Re: Tdi sport drivers door won't open from outside 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello all. Reading through the threads as I had the same issue. Happened to my A4 estate 12' plate. Wife was pulling on the front door handle passenger side that caused it from not opening from outside. Tried WD40, checking the white notch on the inside of the door door and turning no luck.

Reading AlfieAudiA3 post worked ! thanks.

Opening the door and placing the window down, kept both the handles in the opened position and gently closed the the door. Something clicked and now it's working again.
    Saved me probably quite a bit in labour costs at the local indi. Thanks again Alfie.

Quote Originally Posted by AlfieAudiA3 View Post
    Just had the same issue with my B6 estate and before looking at this thread thought it may have been caused by trying to open the door at the same time as unlocking it.... Seems to be the same as others here? Anyway, I have discovered a fix for mine, not sure how long it'll work or if it'll work for others, but it has been fine with all the unlocking/opening/closing/locking of the door I've tried in the past 1/2hr.

My fix is: Open the door from the inside, then with the inside release lever held in the 'open' position pull the outside door release/handle (may need a couple of pulls).

On mine I could feel something 're-engage' when I did this and it has been fine ever since. I've not had the door/lock apart so can't explain why or how this would work but it did. All I can guess is that the modern VW lock mechanism is more complex than old fashion levers and cables and that is the mechanism isn't quite in the correct position it will not work.

Hope this helps as it's free!!

0 0 0

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234