1. Tdi sport drivers door won't open from outside 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi All, Before I get stuck into the drivers door of my 06 plate TDI sport has anyone experienced this issue. Driver's door will not open from the outside regardless if locked or unlocked! you can go inside via another entrance and open from the inside no problem. All other functions of the central locking appear to be fine.

I have seen a couple of articles on the poor soldered joints and faulty micro switches in some older passats but nothing on my model yet! Car has done 100k already.

Any tips or info would be appreciated

Cheers

1 0 0

2. Re: Tdi sport drivers door won't open from outside 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had a similar problem, though sometimes mine would open, sometimes not, it was around this time last year too - so maybe the colder weather is something to do with it?
    Anyway, I pulled on the door handle and sprayed a load of WD40 in any gap I could find around the area of the handle that moves the most, did this about 3 times about a day apart, and eventually it must have worked its way onto the right cables to lube it properly.
    The other option is to strip the door from the inside (if you can get it open that is), but thats a proper pain, and they seem to be using some now type of screws for keeping the window in place - I tried that too, and the top bits of the screws snapped off, they look a bit like the spline drive ones, but `outies` instead of `innies`.

0 0 0

3. Re: Tdi sport drivers door won't open from outside 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    This has been raised on here before - would be worth doing a search perhaps. I seem to recall it might be a cable breaking or becoming detached.
    2006 (Dec.) B6 2.0TDi 140 Confort | Moka anthracite nacré | CControl | Highline MFD | Chrome Grill | Meta Targa rear parking sensors | Debadged
    1996 Laguna 2.2D
    1977 MGB roadster

0 0 0

4. Re: Tdi sport drivers door won't open from outside 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Can you feel the resistance of the lock when you pull the handle. The handle has an arm like projection that acts on the lock inside the door, if you can't feel the lock, that might have broken. You have to take the key lock out before removing the handle to have a look.
    If that's not the problem, then it's door strip time. Good luck.

0 0 0

5. Re: Tdi sport drivers door won't open from outside 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had a quick look for anything similar before I posted the problem but couldn't see anything via the search. Has anyone got any pictures of the locking module I found some pictures and issues with the B5 where solder joints were an issue but nothing for the B6 model. Will update once I get to the bottom of it!

0 0 0

6. Re: Tdi sport drivers door won't open from outside 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    There is no lock resistance at all it is as if the door lock is locked all of the time the handle just springs in and out as if it is locked.

Cheers

0 0 0

7. Re: Tdi sport drivers door won't open from outside 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The cable from the outer handle to door catch is stretched - Replace the cable to cure.

0 0 0

8. Unhappy Re: Tdi sport drivers door won't open from outside 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes this has happened to me today!! does anyone know how easy it is to repair -any photos out there?

0 0 0

9. Re: Tdi sport drivers door won't open from outside 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    I don't think there are any photos, but I'm fairly sure it has been described before. Go into Search and do an advanced search.
    2006 (Dec.) B6 2.0TDi 140 Confort | Moka anthracite nacré | CControl | Highline MFD | Chrome Grill | Meta Targa rear parking sensors | Debadged
    1996 Laguna 2.2D
    1977 MGB roadster

0 0 0

10. Smile Re: Tdi sport drivers door won't open from outside 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    update on this - friendly parts guy at local vw agents on the wirral suggested a broken "bowden cable which is basically an encased cable which links between the exterior door handle and the lock mechanism. started to strip door down but got as far as window mech which is a metal panel supporting all winder and motor across the door . after this i gave up because i ran out of patience,thumbs and necessary tools!! probably about £80 labour but the cable was £5.62 -good luck to anyone who tries this.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast