1. Unhappy 1999 AUDI A6 2.4 Radio Code 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I am proud to be in this family and would be grateful to have help with my radio for which I need a code. I could not find it in the manual nor the boot. I learnt with the serial number or/and VIN i could decode it. The Serial Number of the radio is 0061297 and is a CONCERT one. Please help

0 0 0

2. Re: 1999 AUDI A6 2.4 Radio Code 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    You appear to have reduced the font size to something too small for most. You Audi dealer may give you the code for free or for a fee, or you may get and answer from the forum.
    There is often a dealers cart in the manual front pocket, remove it and look on the back.

Regards Peter

0 0 0

3. Re: 1999 AUDI A6 2.4 Radio Code 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Peter for responding and sorry about the font size. i have checked the front pocket of the Manual and its not there. I am desperate. Thought it was easy to have with the serial number or VIN.

0 0 0

4. Re: 1999 AUDI A6 2.4 Radio Code 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I don't think there's any tool available to find it from the vin or s/n. Any Audi dealer should be able to supply a code for you, although when I wanted mine, they said they'd charge me £25 to do this (which is cheaper than buying a new radio). Several people have said that the dealer will supply it free if you ask for it whilst buying something else (mud flaps, floor mats etc).

I managed to get mine by phoning the previous keeper, who had it on file. My wife's is on the card attached to the stereo owner's manual (the card which says "detach and keep away from the car).
    Duct tape is like The Force. It has a Light Side and a Dark Side and it holds the universe together.
    2002 Passat 1.9tdi
    2004 A3 2.0 FSI
    Gone: 1997 Golf GTI ; 1989 Coupe; 2000 A6 Avant 2.4; 2000 A3 1.8

0 0 0

5. Re: 1999 AUDI A6 2.4 Radio Code 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I believe my direction is now towards the dealer. Good luck to me and thanks Guys for the tip. Will let you know the outcome.
    Thanks

0 0 0

6. Re: 1999 AUDI A6 2.4 Radio Code 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    There are contibutors on this forum that work for Audi and may provide you with the code. Regards Peter

0 0 0

7. Re: 1999 AUDI A6 2.4 Radio Code 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I got mine free from the dealer before too. The guy even came out and entered it for me.

1 0 0

8. Re: 1999 AUDI A6 2.4 Radio Code 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    How I wish for an angel contributor to this forum to help. Dealers are quite a distance from me. Any contacts please?

0 0 0