Notices

User Tag List

Thread: ##B6 Front Headlight & Tail light REPLACEMENT Guide! ## UPDATED> GUIDE NOW UPLOADED

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1. Re: ##B6 Front Headlight & Tail light Guide! ## UPDATED> GUIDE NOW UPLOADED 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well, yea, you're right about it looking like the brakes are on. I had a rewired '03 A6 that had the rear fogs mounted away from the cluster and quite honestly, I thought it looked awesome. When the brakes were activated, all five were blinding and while on the highway at night, it kept people from tailgating.

The S4 on the otherhand, has them mounted inside the cluster and the very first day I had it (with rear fogs on through force of habit) I had two people warn me that my brake lights were out. I'll fiddle with the wiring when I get home this week.

0 0 0

2. Re: ##B6 Front Headlight & Tail light Guide! ## UPDATED> GUIDE NOW UPLOADED 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks to the guide I got my brake lights changed. Both were out at the time and only the spoiler one was working in my avant.

Accidentally dropped the bolt inside the car when taking it off and had to screw the metal list at the back of the boot out to get the bolt back.

All in all took me 35mins at the first time. Second time should take less than 15mins since now I know how to do it.

Thanks again for awesome guide.

0 0 0

3. Re: ##B6 Front Headlight & Tail light Guide! ## UPDATED> GUIDE NOW UPLOADED 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RickT View Post
    just to let you know.. all new members will now be able to download content..

Rick
    As of Oct 30 2007 that is not yet true. I am newly registered, and logged in, and am unable to download your pdf file. I'd hate to have to run on at the mouth for 10 posts just to be able to dl from this site., although the minimum number of posts to post a classified is brilliant. I am the lead moderator at a pro sound site and that is a big issue, flyby Chinese cell phone sales companies.

Thanks for this site.

Mac
    Last edited by RickT; 04-11-2007 at 09:08 PM.

0 0 0

4. Re: ##B6 Front Headlight & Tail light Guide! ## UPDATED> GUIDE NOW UPLOADED 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi I have an 03 2.5Tdi A4 Avant Quattro, I have removed the headlamps (lhd) to replace them with rhd ones. No problem with switching all the bulbs over but I am having a problem removing the rectangular wired unit (which sits in front of the bulbs) in the main beam/side light compartment from the octagonal headlamp height adjuster (I think this is what it is!). It has a small terminal block with 3 wires attached. Can you give any advice on removing it as I afraid of breaking it!

I have also noticed that the dipped beam light units on the lhd headlamps are located 180 degrees different from the rhd ones, it would appear that if you loosen off the 3 retaining nuts you can you can lift and spin the light unit thru 180 degrees and convert the lights from lhd to rhd and vice versa however there is a spring clip which locates it and I haven't figured out how to free it off yet. Can you help on this as well.

Thanks in advance

0 0 0

5. Thumbs up Re: ##B6 Front Headlight & Tail light Guide! ## UPDATED> GUIDE NOW UPLOADED 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have just looked this post up again - An Audi Service Manager talked me through the front lamp change routine in a Motorway Services Car Park the day before Easter after he had recovered from the laughing fit when I tried to book it in to the Audi Dealer to have it done. I have done the rear one before - with a laptop in the boot at the bottom of the garden - and thought I could remember this time - I couldn't so thanks for the most understandable advice ever.

Frank Ward - Harrogate

RicKT[/quote]

0 0 0

6. Re: ##B6 Front Headlight & Tail light Guide! ## UPDATED> GUIDE NOW UPLOADED 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac Kerr View Post
    As of Oct 30 2007 that is not yet true. I am newly registered, and logged in, and am unable to download your pdf file. I'd hate to have to run on at the mouth for 10 posts just to be able to dl from this site., although the minimum number of posts to post a classified is brilliant. I am the lead moderator at a pro sound site and that is a big issue, flyby Chinese cell phone sales companies.

Thanks for this site.

Mac

if you can let me know what the error is in the form of dropping a message to me i will look into this further.

Thanks

Rick

0 0 0

7. Re: ##B6 Front Headlight & Tail light Guide! ## UPDATED> GUIDE NOW UPLOADED 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Execellent & Thanks - just changed the front near side headlight.
    Just saved £60 - its a con how much Audi charge when I challenged them they said it was a fixed price for the labour. They also reckon its a half hour job.

0 0 0

8. Re: ##B6 Front Headlight & Tail light Guide! ## UPDATED> GUIDE NOW UPLOADED 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yep cheers, i just sorted mine this morning, had to swap a headlight as the last one had algae in because the last person to do it mislocated the covers with the seals. Bet it was an Audi ***********! for the reason above... how much the new part costs plus the labour!

Next i've got to sort what the last owner plum did to the headunit so i can get my rear speakers working again.

0 0 0

9. Re: ##B6 Front Headlight & Tail light Guide! ## UPDATED> GUIDE NOW UPLOADED 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello. The headlamps guide is useful. I knew hot to change the rear lamps on my A4 1.8T Avant (end 2002), but I wonder if you would have a complete DIY Guide for this model? Mainly I looking for the guide to help me to check up all
    basic things that i could do myself (fluids, filsters, and perhaps spark plugs, etc.) and more.

0 0 0

10. Re: ##B6 Front Headlight & Tail light Guide! ## UPDATED> GUIDE NOW UPLOADED 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just finished replacing a head light and stop light bulbs. Thank you for your great information. This is my first time with this forum and a big help. I have a 1970 Mustang and use Vintage Mustang Forum with all my repairs and mods. The internet is great.

Jim Gall
    palmapen@comcast.net

0 0 0

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast