1. Multitronic Software Update? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi. I have a Sept 2008 2.0 Tdi with a Multitronic gearbox. Recently I noticed that it was running un-evenly when cold - seemed like it was searching for the right gear.

On Sunday I wnt to pull away at a roundabout and the car just crawled at 10mph - no acceleration at all Luckily there were no cars coming my way (wife & kids in the car!!)

Pulled over, re-stared the car and it was okay. Audi Assist guy had it towed to Audi on Monday (wife would not drive it) because he could not diagnose the problem.

Audi dealer ran daignostics and had to contact Audi as they had no idea what the problem was as there were loads of fault codes. Turns out Audi were aware of a software issue and provided an update!

Anyone had the same experience? Has damaged my confidence in the car a bit.

0 0 0

2. Re: Multitronic Software Update? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    the latest update for b8 has only just been released,this sw update resolves this issue
    vag diagnostics, retrofits and general repairs

0 0 0

3. Re: Multitronic Software Update? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Where can you find out details/changelog for these software updates? I'd like to see if there were any for the AMS, for example. Also, is there a published list of known faults that they might fix in future updates? Finally, can I just wander in or book in for just these updates?

0 0 0

4. Re: Multitronic Software Update? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mine just came back from the body shop with 4 updates, I didn't get into asking about the details (was just glad to see my car back to how it should look!).
    I recall one or two being mentioned around these parts, from memory one was to do with the audio system going silent, another a tweak to the engine management?

0 0 0

5. Re: Multitronic Software Update? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've got a 2008 2.7 and that had a multitronic software update to cure the kick when selecting reverse. It was only intermittent but it got so bad that the engine would stall. Its been fine since but it may be my imagination but there seems to have been a slight "smoothing" of the performance overall.

0 0 0

6. Re: Multitronic Software Update? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brantome View Post
    Where can you find out details/changelog for these software updates? I'd like to see if there were any for the AMS, for example. Also, is there a published list of known faults that they might fix in future updates? Finally, can I just wander in or book in for just these updates?
    Ok if your suffering with gearbox issues contact your local Audi dealer and book it in,they will check it out and check if the sw versions require updating as per elsawin technical product information.Elsawin has all the latest technical repairs and workshop actions/recalls for model specific.If there are no known fixes then the dealer will send a technical request with your version of events and a diagnostic log to analyzed if more than 5 complaints are received at importer level then a request is sent to Audi ag for a repair.
    To add b8 a4 and a5 will be kept up to date every visit to the dealer by online sw updates when plugged into the dealer diagnostic tester,this ensures your vehicles suffer less software issues and hopefully better customer satisfaction from ongoing improvements.
    vag diagnostics, retrofits and general repairs

0 0 0

7. Re: Multitronic Software Update? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lozzermo View Post
    Hi. I have a Sept 2008 2.0 Tdi with a Multitronic gearbox. Recently I noticed that it was running un-evenly when cold - seemed like it was searching for the right gear.

On Sunday I wnt to pull away at a roundabout and the car just crawled at 10mph - no acceleration at all Luckily there were no cars coming my way (wife & kids in the car!!)

Pulled over, re-stared the car and it was okay. Audi Assist guy had it towed to Audi on Monday (wife would not drive it) because he could not diagnose the problem.

Audi dealer ran daignostics and had to contact Audi as they had no idea what the problem was as there were loads of fault codes. Turns out Audi were aware of a software issue and provided an update!

Anyone had the same experience? Has damaged my confidence in the car a bit.
    I had the same problem this morning. But in Melbourne Australia, we are experiencing a heat wave at the moment. While in heavy traffic on the way to work, pressing the accelerator slightly, produced no power at all, pressing further also had no effect. Only after a period of pressing the accelerator, would the car accelerate.

This behaviour was occuring constantly. Luckly, I was in the CBD and limped into the nearby dealership, Melbourne Audi.

I mentioned this article regarding an upgrade for the multitronic, and he was unaware that such an upgrade existed.

To his surprise, he realised that there was such an upgrade for the transmission, and upgraded it along with the engine software.

The car, fingers crossed, runs better now, and there isn't as much jerkyness in the transmission, off the line, but there does seem to be jerkyness when crawling and touching accelarator, which was probably there from before.

I would highly recommend to take your A4 with multitronic into a dealer and request both the engine and multitronic software be upgraded asap, especially if you want to reduce the off the line jerkiness, inherent in the multitronic.
    B8 1.8T Sedan (MY09), Multitronic, Quartz Grey, 17" 6 Spoke alloys, Sunroof, Parking System Plus (Front and Rear), Interior Light Pack, Tri Zone Climate Control, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Interior Light pack, Sports Steering Wheel (with Paddle Shifters), Sports Leather Seats, Electric Front Drivers Seat, Heated Seats, Sports Suspension-20mm drop, Tinted Windows

0 0 0

8. Re: Multitronic Software Update? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Anyone from England here. How much is Audi dealer is charging to update the multitronic gearbox software? Thanks

0 0 0

9. Re: Multitronic Software Update? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scafandru1 View Post
    Anyone from England here. How much is Audi dealer is charging to update the multitronic gearbox software? Thanks
    Hi, if you are having trouble with the multitronic box drifting from its correct adaptation to reset all adaptation option with a copy of vcds, it works for me and the car drives very well for months. You need to have the gearbox up to temp and take the car for a drive after on a nice flat area no hard breaking also try reverse before switching off and on.
    MK7 Golf Estate '14 GT TDI CR150 DSG. Engine Mods: Stage 1, Rear Intake Trim

0 0 0