1. Car choice opinions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello all, hoping to get some opinions on car choice here.
    I need to order a new company car and have settled on the new A4 (obvious given where I'm posting really )
    I love the looks of the S line but it's stretching things a little for me so have settled on the SE trim but found the 143TDi a little on the weak side.
    Choice is between the 170TDi or the 2.0TFSI. I've been driving diesels for some years now so naturally drawn to them but the performance on the TFSI looks amazing. I'm a swift driver but not a boy racer type so don't want to have the neddle bouncing off the limiter to make decent headway. As you people are all well versed in the Audi cars I'd really like to know,,,,,,,What would you buy in this situation??

0 0 0

2. Re: Car choice opinions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Both good engines. Question is what mileage do you do more than 20K per annum then diesel is your best bet, But the 2.0TFSI would not be far behind due to the cost difference between Petrol & Diesel at present.

For me if you can have the 2.0TFSI I would have that. I'm sure others will agree or disagree with me.
    Current - Audi A3 Sportback 1.8T Sline
    Gone - Audi S3 Sportback Black Edition, Audi S4 Saloon,
    Why not join the Audi A3 Owners Club

0 0 0

3. Re: Car choice opinions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Petrol if you are not doing crazy motorway miles for sure.

Had mine for 6 months now and loving it- drove the Mrs Golf 2.0TDI the other day and it felt quite unsettling and uncomfy as the power comes at ya in big lumps rather than smoothly like in the petrol.

Saying that, the common rail in the B8 might be different but haven't driven diesel B8 yet, had a loan 1.8T and that was sweet though.
    2007 MK5 Golf GT TDI 140ps Diamond Black
    2004 A4 Avant S-Line 1.8T 190ps Avus Silver w/black optics
    1997 MK3 Golf GTI 16v Anniversary Diamond Black- now gone!

0 0 0

4. Re: Car choice opinions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the reply.
    Mileage should be around 27K a year but that isn't really an issue on costs for me. I can only use the Audi stated comined mpg but there is only around £25 a month difference and that's in the total purchase and running costs combined.

Is the TFSI known to get good mpg results? 43mpg seems high to me, is it realistic?

0 0 0

5. Re: Car choice opinions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello KodKod, I see you're running a 2.0T. What mpg are you averaging in it?

0 0 0

6. Re: Car choice opinions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi

I have the B7 2.0TFSI , I'm not sure if Audi revised the engine for the B8 but I get on average 33MPG that is around 480-500 miles on a 70 litre tank.

My daily commute is an 18 mile blast down an A Road, no stopping.
    2007 MK5 Golf GT TDI 140ps Diamond Black
    2004 A4 Avant S-Line 1.8T 190ps Avus Silver w/black optics
    1997 MK3 Golf GTI 16v Anniversary Diamond Black- now gone!

0 0 0

7. Re: Car choice opinions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Good choice! I'm eagerly waiting delivery of a 143ps TDI SE at the end of the month and find that this engine is perfect for everyday use, it's smooth, torquey and refined compared to my slightly more powerful SAAB 93 TiD and light years from my previous Golf gti 150bhp tdi. I must have a diesel and I'm covering 30k per year, however I might have gone for the 170ps if I had chosen the S line as it's a bit more planted on the road, trust me you can have just as much fun with this engine as the 170ps, it's just how you use it, it's not all about drag racing you know! I speak as a ex competitor and part time Rally Instructor who's getting on in years and likes a bit of comfort....

0 0 0

8. Re: Car choice opinions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The B8 2.0TFSI is a revised version of the B7 2.0T better on CO2 and MPG I believe I'm sure there are 2.0T B8 drivers who would be happy to let you know
    Current - Audi A3 Sportback 1.8T Sline
    Gone - Audi S3 Sportback Black Edition, Audi S4 Saloon,
    Why not join the Audi A3 Owners Club

0 0 0

9. Re: Car choice opinions 
    Ramon959 Guest
    I can only get 60 litres into my 65litre tank and I have a similar 18 mile commute to work that is half B road and half A road. I can muster 33-34 from the daily drive and closer to 40 if I nanny it on the motorway. Drive fast and it easily drops to the low 20's - does seems to be getting better with age though - now up to 5k miles.

The TFSi is a gem (when it works!) fairly torquey - same peak as the 170 diesel. Very easy to drive but my biggest gripe it the wheel hop under acceleration, not helped by the 18' wheels with sticky tyres.

I have only driven the 143 version and is was slow, but I found it very smooth.

I think mpg and range aside, the TFSi wins as it is the best of both worlds for me anyway.

0 0 0

10. Re: Car choice opinions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the opinions chaps though there is another option that until now I haven't really considered.
    The 1.8T S line is also within budget but I'm worried at the starting MPG that is quoted and some of the figures being quoted as achieved by people on this site that own this car. That said, it's a great looker.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast