1. Whats the best polish to use? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have an indigo blue golf tdi. Today I managed to scratch down one side of the car on a small branch sticking out onto the road. Its not deep and hopefully it will pollish out. But does anyone know which I should use and will definitely do the job. Thanks
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Try Poorboys World SSR2 - it is not too aggressive and is excellent for removing swirls and small scratches.

It's available from seriousperformance.co.uk and their service is excellent.

Hope it helps

Cheers

Paul
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    i may get slated for this, but good old tcut seems to do the job on mine, got the nearest shade to it, gave it a good going over with it, then some decent hand wax over and polished up, looks liek new.

for small chips and flicks in paint, try a touch up kit either from the ******* or *********, ive used that on my bumper and for small chips you dont notice

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    must say id go with the tcut method has its tried and tested and been around for decades.
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    T Cut works well proviing you take care not to cut through the lacquer. I've found that MER works well on black, and Autoglym on other colours.
    I've also used toothpaste in an emergency (when away from home and I've inherited a colour scuff in a car park) but make sure you wash the residue off or it might bleach.
    Polishing well is a real art. That's why so many cars have swirls in the lacquer.
    Gogsy
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by loupee View Post
    I have an indigo blue golf tdi. Today I managed to scratch down one side of the car on a small branch sticking out onto the road. Its not deep and hopefully it will pollish out. But does anyone know which I should use and will definitely do the job. Thanks

i use autoglym products on my car and personaly think that there the best.

https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/s...light=autoglym
    Evo VIII
    MR FQ 340

"Rapid"
    0 0 0

Mav2006 Guest
    I would be interested to know what you do with the toothpaste. I have indigo blue passat and black golf. The golf has quite a few swirls that were on it when we bought it new, would like to get rid if poss.

Also I think Autoglym are quite good, but others seem to say Poorboys are good
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Not used one but are clay bars not used for swirl removal?
    One German, Two Italian.
    It's a Mercedes Benzzzz though
    0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MalcQV View Post
    Not used one but are clay bars not used for swirl removal?
    i heard a bit of blue tack with water does the same trick, unsure if its true?

0 0 0

10. Smile  
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My Girlfriend is going to kill me if she finds out..

She has a nail plishing kit from tesco's, contains a course, medium and a buffing stick. ( Great shiny nails and no nail polish!). Now the buffing stick is just like a piece of flat plastic it has no abrasive feel to it at all. I've used it on bits of my bumper and paintwork on my Silver A3 ( also works on the laqured trim inside ) and it polishs out the slight scratches quite well. Topped of with a good couple of Autoglym coats after and that seems to work for me... but it might not work so well on a darker colour so i'd try it on a inconspicuos place first.

Dunc
    1 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast