Notices

User Tag List

Thread: I-Pod/AMI retrofit -Need your support!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. Exclamation I-Pod/AMI retrofit -Need your support! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    This is primarily aimed at those of us who have 'early' A4s without sat-nav, built before the 'aux in' socket was added.

As you will have seen on other threads, due to what seems like an incredible technical oversight when someone specced the early radio units, it is impossible, yes impossible, to have any form of Audi I-Pod adaptor fitted, let alone a full AMI retrofit.

Possible on post June A4s as Audi apparently 'reactivated' the appropriate provision in the radios BUT we have the ridiculous situation where a B7 A4 can have I-pod retrofit, a 2009 A4 can have I-pod retrofit but a few months of B8 production can't!! Oh, well you could but Audi would have you buying a new radio! Oh and you can't even buy it. Farcical.

On a bit of a crusade now as I have discovered other owners in the UK and abroad who are equally frustrated and we also know that Audi are starting to notice the increasingly negative feedback.Especially when every bargain basement car seemingly has I-Pod connectivity now....oh dear....how embarrassing and not the way to treat launch customers.

So, if anyone out there with an early A4 would also like the opportunity to have I-pod retrofit (or even AMI), please can you note your desire. With your support, we hope to convince Audi that they need to rectify what seems like a horrendous mis-specification on early cars.

0 0 0

2. Re: I-Pod/AMI retrofit -Need your support! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Red

Its reassuring to hear someone else who is equally fustrated as myself, I ordered my A4 back in January, where we were highly restricted on what we could order. I was annoyed that we were unable to order the s-line model, DAB or AMI without the SatNav plus the fact that no xenon lights were available and the issues with parking sensors plus many many more issues. Frankly I cannot justify spending 2k+ to have a sat nav thats just as good as a £200 TomTom. I have complained to Audi about the DAB issue and they blamed an electrical issue, but are not willing to resolve it. After spending 26K they seem to be no real aftercare. what a joke!!!

0 0 0

3. Re: I-Pod/AMI retrofit -Need your support! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mistryman View Post
    Hi Red

Its reassuring to hear someone else who is equally fustrated as myself, I ordered my A4 back in January, where we were highly restricted on what we could order. I was annoyed that we were unable to order the s-line model, DAB or AMI without the SatNav plus the fact that no xenon lights were available and the issues with parking sensors plus many many more issues. Frankly I cannot justify spending 2k+ to have a sat nav thats just as good as a £200 TomTom. I have complained to Audi about the DAB issue and they blamed an electrical issue, but are not willing to resolve it. After spending 26K they seem to be no real aftercare. what a joke!!!
    Well, if we can get more forumites like you to register their frustration re the AMI etc., who knows....

0 0 0

4. Re: I-Pod/AMI retrofit -Need your support! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I always thought an Ipod was possible.

I bet these guys could sort it for you http://www.tclsatnav.com

Its no surprise Audi say its not possible. Almost all of my retro-fits that I have done, (BOSE, Bluetooth, Dimming mirrors, cruise control, reverse camera etc etc) Audi told me "thats totally impossible" - When thats quite clearly not the case as they have all been installed and are working perfectly!

0 0 0

5. Re: I-Pod/AMI retrofit -Need your support! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Issac Hunt View Post
    I always thought an Ipod was possible.

I bet these guys could sort it for you http://www.tclsatnav.com

Its no surprise Audi say its not possible. Almost all of my retro-fits that I have done, (BOSE, Bluetooth, Dimming mirrors, cruise control, reverse camera etc etc) Audi told me "thats totally impossible" - When thats quite clearly not the case as they have all been installed and are working perfectly!
    Thanks.

We know it is possible to get an official Audi dealer retrofit that won't invalidate your warranty with a 2009 radio, or a 2007 one etc., just Audi made a bit of a strange de-spec decision on early B8s. Red faces in Ingolstadt methinks.

The fight goes on....and we hope someone may be noticing the feedback from across Europe so hence the request for those affected to make themselves known....it might work to their benefit.

0 0 0

6. Re: I-Pod/AMI retrofit -Need your support! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Red 2 View Post
    Red faces in Ingolstadt methinks.
    I doubt it to be honest!

Not wanting to urinate on your chips but I bet Audi do absolutely nothing.

What is it you want them to do anyways? Those guys in that link can fit you an Ipod adapter, I'm struggling to see what you else you want from Audi?

The early spec choices for the B8 were a little odd, but they have had your money now!

0 0 0

7. Re: I-Pod/AMI retrofit -Need your support! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    When I was deciding what to order I took a look at the spec in depth. I like my music and like many people have a collection on an ipod or a mp3 player. I have a couple of players which I have collected over a few years, Im a bit of a gadget freak.

When I saw the spec and the guy in the dealers explained to me that I needed a £200 AMI Ipod connector and also a Sat Nav screen at £2K just to listen to my music I couldnt beleive it,

The 3 Series and 5 Series has a 3.5mm Aux in I explained which allows most units to be connected and controlled via the device/player itself. Audi were not interested and explained that they offer a SD card slot for a larger music collection.

Luckily my A4 was made with an Aux in the arm rest. Can I suggest you spend £10 on a FM Transmitter for your ipod. I very much suspect that you will not get anywhere with Audi. Their spec is always subject to change, you signed for the order and that was delivered. Im totally on your side and it would be great if Audi would help you.
    Aruba Blue B8 S Line 1.8T 160bhp,Piano Black Inlays, Black Stitching, 30mm S Line Drop

0 0 0

8. Re: I-Pod/AMI retrofit -Need your support! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Issac Hunt View Post

What is it you want them to do anyways? Those guys in that link can fit you an Ipod adapter, I'm struggling to see what you else you want from Audi?

The early spec choices for the B8 were a little odd, but they have had your money now!
    Well, we know that the retrofit can be done, exactly how it can be done and Audi already evidently have an open technical file on this issue.

A big enough expression of interest across Europe and we believe that a factory solution may be forthcoming that does not invalidate any warranty. Nothing to lose and everything to gain and early signs are encouraging, surprisingly.

0 0 0

9. Re: I-Pod/AMI retrofit -Need your support! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So if you know a retro-fit option is available, I cant see what your real problem is?!

Get you ipod adapter fitted and enjoy the extra tunes in your car!!

0 0 0

10. Re: I-Pod/AMI retrofit -Need your support! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have the Aux in socket, but my dealer still tells me that I cannot retro fit an AMI as they can only do this for cars built from week 28/08 - July 7th and on - mine was built week 22/08

0 0 0

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast