Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi I have an Audi A3 2001 Y Reg.
    The audio system in it is the Concert. Its just a tape player but I am wanting to upgrade to a cd player or autochanger.

I have seen the concert II on ebay which is a cd player version but just wondering wether this would work in my car.
    Are they all compatible.
    If not is there any solution for upgrading to autochanger etc.

Thanks for any help.
    0 0 0

2. Re: A3 Audio Upgrading 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by flex786 View Post
    Hi I have an Audi A3 2001 Y Reg.
    The audio system in it is the Concert. Its just a tape player but I am wanting to upgrade to a cd player or autochanger.

I have seen the concert II on ebay which is a cd player version but just wondering wether this would work in my car.
    Are they all compatible.
    If not is there any solution for upgrading to autochanger etc.

Thanks for any help.
    The Concert 1 unit with the tape player is compatible with a cd changer, as fitted in many Audi's. You can usually find a few second hand original fit autochangers on certain auction sites/breakers etc etc.

Apparently the Concert 2 is a straight swap with the concert 1, but I don't know this for sure...looked into doing the swap myself, but never got round to it. Cheers and hope this helps
    0 0 0

3. Re: A3 Audio Upgrading 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm keen to upgrade my A3 Turbo standard Concert radio to an MP3 aftermarket radio (not sure what make/model yet), leaving the standard CD Changer in the boot. I'll probably need a harness (via autoleads) to convert the existing wiring to the new radio.

If I get an MP3 one, I won't be too fussed if the CD Changer works or not, as you will have more music available on MP3 than CD.
    0 0 0

4. Re: A3 Audio Upgrading 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for your reply guys.

Do you know wether the 2001 A3 has the wiring already to add a cd changer or will I have to do this myself.

Its really hard to find an aftermarket player that will fit nicely witout gaps/.
    Is there ant out there that actually fit nicely or is there analternative solution.

Thanks again
    0 0 0

5. Re: A3 Audio Upgrading 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SEMKY View Post
    The Concert 1 unit with the tape player is compatible with a cd changer, as fitted in many Audi's. You can usually find a few second hand original fit autochangers on certain auction sites/breakers etc etc.
    I cant find anywhere in the back where a cd changer would actually sit.
    0 0 0

6. Re: A3 Audio Upgrading 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Its really hard to find an aftermarket player that will fit nicely witout gaps/.
    Is there ant out there that actually fit nicely or is there analternative solution.

Thanks again
    On this page link below you'll see all the adapters/fittings you need to add an aftermarket radio into your car:

http://www.nexxia.co.uk/Car_Stereo_f...ts/Audi/A3.htm

Just look in the relevant section on the headings to see which you need:

E.g.

Audi A3 Dec 2000 to April 2002 For Non Bose amplified systems

Audi A3 Dec 2000 to April 2002 For Bose amplified systems

I need the FP-05-02 myself to fill in the gaps either side.
    0 0 0

7. Re: A3 Audio Upgrading 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I cant find anywhere in the back where a cd changer would actually sit.

Do you have the sub in the left hand side hidden compartment? My changer is mounted on top of that..

I have to agree with you about the aftermarket units....I do think it is very difficult to get one to look/fit as good/well as the original Audi units, despite adapters and mounting brackets etc....its just my opinion of course, and the Concert units are very capable sound wise anyway.
    Couldnt say whether the wiring for a changer would already be in place sorry.
    0 0 0