1. 2008 A6 MMI and Parking Brake Faults 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My MMI intermittently goes completely off for short periods. The radio or CD will cut out and then come back on after several seconds, the SatNav similarly re-sets itself and it sometimes doesn't pick up the iPod at all - I get a message "initialising, please wait". This re-setting process can often go on for an hour or two before the MMI gets back to normal. Anyone had similar experiences, any suggestions?

Also is it me or is there a known problem with the electronic parking brake? Twice now I have definitely left the car on my drive with the brake on, only to find it has rolled forwards into my garage door the following morning. I have taken to leaving it in gear as well every time I park.

Replies to my problems appreciated before I wheel it down to the local dealer!

MC
    0 0 0

2. Re: 2008 A6 MMI and Parking Brake Faults 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello MClarke,
    I picked up my new A6 on Saturday and so far haven't had a glitch but the parking break is a common-ish issue I think. I make sure that I feel the change in pressure with the footbreak when I put it on. The MMI is fine so far, haven't used the SatNav yet for anything other than the 0.75 mile trip from the dealer to home.

I'll keep an eye out for the points you mention.
    0 0 0

3. Re: 2008 A6 MMI and Parking Brake Faults 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MClarke View Post
    My MMI intermittently goes completely off for short periods. The radio or CD will cut out and then come back on after several seconds, the SatNav similarly re-sets itself and it sometimes doesn't pick up the iPod at all - I get a message "initialising, please wait". This re-setting process can often go on for an hour or two before the MMI gets back to normal. Anyone had similar experiences, any suggestions?

Also is it me or is there a known problem with the electronic parking brake? Twice now I have definitely left the car on my drive with the brake on, only to find it has rolled forwards into my garage door the following morning. I have taken to leaving it in gear as well every time I park.

Replies to my problems appreciated before I wheel it down to the local dealer!

MC
    Does the mmi crash with the ipod connected to ami.
    If so the ami software version requires up dating.If your using dension 500 then that requires memory stick flash update.Or the ipod itself requires the firmware update.If none of the above then there will be a fault on the most network.
    As for the handbrake are you allowing the brake to apply as once its on its on and it wont release.

If there was a fault with the parking brake the dash would light up like a Christmas tree.

If your fault is ipod related read on

The following problems may occur, depending on the iPod's driver software when operated via the Audi Music Interface:

When MIX mode is activated, there may be very long response times as well as long response times when selecting the next song with the 'Return' hardkey.

The iPod resets and restarts.

In MIX mode, the previous track does not carry on playing from the same place. A new track is played.

If you click back to the first track manually in MIX mode (using the arrow keys), the track lists in the MMI and driver information display are not synchronised.

If a track which has already been played is selected again using the rotary pushbutton, there is a brief audio cutout.

The track which is currently being played is not highlighted in the MMI menu.

In the case of audio-books, fast-forwarding is continuous if this function is actuated just after loading.

Display: 'Device is being initialised. Please wait...'
    In active MIX mode, there is no white-highlighting of the current track on the MMI display.

iPod crash (can be restored by pressing Reset).

USB media is only supported by the Audi Music Interface as of Software 0700 (from MY 2008) in conjunction with the latest driver software.

if any of this is true then off to the dealer with you
    Last edited by a8 tech; 13-08-2008 at 02:34 PM.
    0 0 0

4. Re: 2008 A6 MMI and Parking Brake Faults 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the responses - I think it's off to the dealer for me!!
    0 0 0

5. Re: 2008 A6 MMI and Parking Brake Faults 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Had a similar fault on my 2007 A6 Avant, with the radio/CD intermittently cutting out for a few seconds, climate controls working but not displaying sliders on screen, satnav display between instruments intermittently reverting to previous MFA setting (but not losing nav insructions), service position for wipers not working and time setting staying on time ignition was switched on, although clock was working.

Turned out to be a faulty phone ECU. Dealer had changed "three or four" and I also know of someone with an Eos with the same problem.
    0 0 0