1. Re: Review of Premium Bluetooth and RCD510 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've had my RCD 510 with premium bluetooth working well for over a year my Passat CC. It is paired with an HTC touch. It operates as it should with full SW control and vioce dilling.

Only problem is reception is quite poor to the extent that I normally have to redail constantly. Has anyone else had this problem. It's a retrofit not factory installed. The aerial is through the heated winscreen. Any help appreciated

0 0 0

2. Re: Review of Premium Bluetooth and RCD510 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    :::SOLUTION:::
    Guys, there is now a solution for Android and rsap access... a clever chap called Martin has released an app you can install... his website once again is http://www.android-rsap.com/

see my original thread "how can you pair htc Desire with VW installed car kit" for the full details. My htc Desire is now FULLY compatible. thanks then! (note he has not solved the HD version yet!)

A

0 0 0

3. Re: Review of Premium Bluetooth and RCD510 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theoc View Post
    I've had my RCD 510 with premium bluetooth working well for over a year my Passat CC. It is paired with an HTC touch. It operates as it should with full SW control and vioce dilling.

Only problem is reception is quite poor to the extent that I normally have to redail constantly. Has anyone else had this problem. It's a retrofit not factory installed. The aerial is through the heated winscreen. Any help appreciated
    Yep, I have a work htc Touch Cruise. it uses Windows software and the Nokia rsap unit seems to tolerate this. my issue has been other winsows based software in that phone, such as GPS, TomTom and workbased messaging, are all shut off when it pairs. I now route calls from this phone through my htc Desire, with the only downside being a dial-out call costs ME money!! soon learn not to dial though

not sure how to improve reception. the roof mount aeriel on Passat is excellent. if yours is retro fitted, you may need to talk to an expert about options. sorry

0 0 0

4. Re: Review of Premium Bluetooth and RCD510 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    This is the exact system i plan on buying and installing. An RCD510 and the Bluetooth system. Never done anything like this before since i only just got the car. i'll probably take it to a local garage to do it for me since i don't have the vagcom software. Seems to be some good deals on ebay. Saw a RCD510 with DAB for £300 not too long ago. Bit annoying that i have to pay another £200+ for the bluetooth module and even then i have to find out if my android phone is compatible.

Are there any idiot proof guides out there on installing these parts? Seems like a lot of work when you think about it but VW charge a stupid price, close to £1000 to buy/fit this stuff which is insane.

I might install it myself and then find someone who has the vagcom software to code it, something i definitely can't do.

0 0 0

5. Re: Review of Premium Bluetooth and RCD510 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    With the 510 if you have 'ordinary' CD's then unless they have CD-Text information burned on them you won't get artist/track info. If you burn your own with NERO or similar there should be an option to do this. Some newer commercial CDs are supplied with the info For MP3 CDs and SD card you should get all the information on the 510 and the DIS unit. I retrofitted first my POLO (new model) and now my new Passat CC ('58) with a 510 DAB unit. It works well. Have you checked all the settings in the 510 - you can choose to set the track/Title/Artist info OFF.

I'm having problems wit the FISCON Basic+ BT handsfree kit I installed as it won't pull the phonebook through. The phone works well in my wife's TIGUAN 510 with the VW BT unit - so it's def. the FISCON unit that is the problem here. I can manually sync the phonebook ovedr the BT connection - so it is usable. And it sounds great too.

0 0 0

6. Re: Review of Premium Bluetooth and RCD510 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    How easily is the system operated without a MFSW and highline cluster, using just the RCD510? I'm thinking about ditching my ancient 9n for a 6r Polo, and I'd like Bluetooth. The RCD510s are pretty easily available for not a huge amount on eBay, but finding a Polo with the MFSW is pretty tricky, and only the BlueGT and GTI have highline clusters, and I'll be going for something TDI anyway! I don't really like the idea of having an ugly Parrot thing sticking out of the dash, nor the hideous 'Bluetooth wart' that VW have been putting in them recently.
    2002 Polo 9n 1.2 65PS. Basic but it's better than the train!

0 0 0

7. Re: Review of Premium Bluetooth and RCD510 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vc-10 View Post
    How easily is the system operated without a MFSW and highline cluster, using just the RCD510? I'm thinking about ditching my ancient 9n for a 6r Polo, and I'd like Bluetooth. The RCD510s are pretty easily available for not a huge amount on eBay, but finding a Polo with the MFSW is pretty tricky, and only the BlueGT and GTI have highline clusters, and I'll be going for something TDI anyway! I don't really like the idea of having an ugly Parrot thing sticking out of the dash, nor the hideous 'Bluetooth wart' that VW have been putting in them recently.
    Why not try what I did on my wife's car?

I fitted a Parrot kit, but with their MultiCAN add-on to replace the Parrot head unit. It plugs into the back of the radio like any Bluetooth kit, plays through the speakers, mutes the music etc. It works with the steering wheel button completely seamlessly and the gubbins is all hidden behind the dash. If you have voice activation on your phone you can just ask for any name or number by pushing a steering wheel button.
    Driving - Shiny new E350 Estate.. Just Arrived - Aggh! a C-Max. What have I done?
    Just Gone - 2008 Passat 2.0CR TDi DSG Estate + toys, 2007 Golf GTI

Once, cars were simple and I was smart. Now things are the other way around.

0 0 0

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789