Hi all,

Posting this around the forums because I really am getting fedup with retrofits!

Basically, got original A6 xenon headlights from Germany for about £450-500 (cant remember the exact figure).

Finally got delivered, fit them in only to find the cable from the halogens do not fit - well they do with pressure but lets not go there

Looked around/asked around and came across http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_i...udi-A6-4F.html which is what I needed.

Ok, reputable place, and it makes sense, cable doesnt fit and this adapter is the saviour.

Finally got it delivered only to find I didn't look at the picture properly and so I did not ask questions. The cable while self-explanatory has also two wires coming out of it. Suddenly this was sounding like it was not just "plug and play" as the various ebay threads selling the same thing suggest!

I fit the lights anyway without connecting those two wires while still asking both ebay sellers and kufatec what those two wires were for.

Fit the lights, cables (apart from the two wires), tested it out and voila, I had xenon lighting/hids whatever its called - and very bright!

At this point, I didnt think they were auto-levelling though - maybe because vagcom needs to tell the car its xenons

While I thought of the above, beep after beep came out from inside to suggest the main (both) and dipped (both) had gone.

Tested the main beam out by pulling the lever and none work
Though the dipped lights work fine.

Again, I assume this is down to vagcom change needing to tell the car its now got xenons.

In the whole process which only took 15mins this time as the last time I pulled the bumper out gave me some experience.

But not without further issues: This time, I managed to catch the corner of the toolbox on the rear bumper taking a chunk out of it.
I also managed to pull the bumper a bit more this time breaking the hose clip to the headlamp washers. This meant the floor was soaked with washer liquid which emptied out from the bottle This has been ordered and is luckily cheaper than a bottle of water.

Ok the whole point of this thread is to give some background to help answer my questions.

1. what are those wires for?
2. Do I need them?
3. If yes, where do I connect it?
4. Will vag-com sort out this bulb out?
5. If yes (I hope it is!) do you know what code/controller it is under?
6. Will vag-com sort out the main beam?
7. As point 5.

A guy on ebay did send me this link:
http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_i...udi-A6-4F.html

Kufatec's reply was:
the extra wires are for the bi xenon switch and daylight which need to be connected to the boardnet controlling unit.

My reply: Do all A6's have it?

Reply: Yes all A6 4F. (which is what I have)

But I still don't understand the use and where they go.

As far as the link is concerned

First , I don't understand German and the translators are rubbish.

Secondly, I can't even make out what that is a picture of!

But basically those two wires (2 per headlamp/adapter) go into the above link whatever that is... can anyone help out there?

To top it off, we have more rain coming down in the UK, the bumper needs fixing properly, the rear needs sorting, and my vagcom cable (both) are dead so I need to find someone who can do it for me!

So, that's why this supposedly 1 day project has turned into a 4 week nightmare.

If anyone can help, I would really appreciate it so I can get this sorted for the weekend, and enjoy the last week of my holiday because another year at work!

Thanks in advance.
Akash