2. Re: bio diesel or whatever it was 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    To be honest I am not sure if there are many changes between my 2002 1.9 130 engine and your one. I have made no modifications whatever (because there are times when you need to fill up with regular diesel) and the engine (as listed above) runs perfectly on 100% WVO.
    Cheers
    Jerry
    0 0 0

3. Re: bio diesel or whatever it was 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Neildub,

I think you should be able to run good quality biodiesel (made from WVO or new rapeseed oil) without any problems. The possible exception being if your car has a vehicle diesel particulate filter. Some WVO based bidiesel may require blending with diesel fuel to keep it liquid in the depths of winter

Currently a few Germany companies offer equipment for modification to allow operation with pure rapeseed oil. I've sent you a PM with some more information.

JerryG,

I guess you mean WVO biodiesel rather than WVO. I think its important to clearly differentiate between the two.
    0 0 0

4. Re: bio diesel or whatever it was 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by a8 tech View Post
    Warning to all 1.9 tdi pd engine owners.
    Today we completed a full fuel system replacement.
    This came to £2000 and the reason why we had to replace every part of the fuel system was biodiesel.
    The fuel system was clogged the fuel filter element had turned to soggy cardboard like material.If bio diesel smells sweet then that was the fuel in the system.Be warned the pd engine doesent like it one bit.
    I have never smelt or delt with bio diesel so i could be wrong but it wasnt diesel thats for sure and the owner didnt wish to discuss the stange fluid.
    Please correct me if your using bio diesel without any issues.
    Could he be using kerosene in his car could that no be the sweet smell
    0 0 0

5. Re: bio diesel or whatever it was 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Darren UK, Thanks for the info i think i have managed to reply to your mail (not sure if you have got it, im a newbie). Sorry to everyone that i did not clarify things very well in my original post....

1. i have NO intention of processing bio diesel myself from either WVO or PPO.

2. I have no intention of using WVO in any shape or form.

2. I have nearby a company that produces Bio diesel, to the correct EU standard. i would like to know if my PD tdi mk5 105 psi will be able to run on on this fuel, and what conversions/alterations i will need to do. air sensor/remap etc etc

3. I have also considered installing a complete veg oil conversion to the vehicle form the german company Elsbett?? It appears they have managed to produce a single tank system for PD engines. I WILL only use PPO if i had this conversion done.

thanks for everyones help.
    semi grumpy
    MK5 golf tdi 105 owner.
    0 0 0

6. Re: bio diesel or whatever it was 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neildub View Post

2. I have nearby a company that produces Bio diesel, to the correct EU standard. i would like to know if my PD tdi mk5 105 psi will be able to run on on this fuel, and what conversions/alterations i will need to do. air sensor/remap etc etc
    You should be able to run on good quality biodiesel without any issues. It is probably worth testing the fuel to check it is as good as they claim. There are a few simple tests that can give you an idea of quality - this is not my area of expertise - modifying engines to run on SVO or WVO is.

Best Darren
    0 0 0

7. Re: bio diesel or whatever it was 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    vag diagnostics, retrofits and general repairs
    0 0 0