Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ordered my eos yeterday (whoopee!) for delivery in May. As part of the deal it includes a detachable tow bar. As the VW part was so expensive we settled on a third party make supplied by the VW dealer which means it is guaranteed by them. Cost of that was £399, the VW bar worked out at over twice that.
    Cheers, David

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi David,
    Sorry for the delay ,I replied to your note yesterday, but it doesn't seem to have been received.
    I would be interested to know the the name of towbar manufacturer. My quote of £345.00 is for a Westfalia detachable tow bar, fitted and all electrics. This means taking the car to Towequipe ' Nuneaton.

This does not cover the part needed from VW to replace the cutout when the towbar is detatched. DOES YOUR QUOTE.?
    As previously stated VW are supposed to be issuing all the relevant info during March.
    I collect my new Eos on Thursday but there is no hurry for the towbar as I want to do a few miles before taking the caravan around France.

Hope all goes well,
    Cheers Steve

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Steve,

to be honest I don’t know what bar will be fitted as I arranged and paid a deposit all over the telephone. I am going in on Thursday to sign the various papers so will try and find out. I doubt they will be able to tell me with any confidence as the car won’t arrive till May and they could get the bar fitted anywhere by then. Will let you know what transpires.

Towequipe where very good and fitted my tow bar to the Seat while I waited. Had too look away though when they had the bumper off and were cutting a big slot in it using a Stanley knife, (arrghh). Still came out nice and neat so no probs.

Cheers, david

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi David,
    Thanks for info, I will keep you informed of progress.
    Cheers Steve.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Tow bar now on the VW website at £285.00

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by netherfield View Post
    Tow bar now on the VW website at £285.00
    I understand thats for the tow bar only and doesnt include fitting, electrics or the socket. My VW dealer has said that the VW bar fitted is so expensive that they will be fitting a third party tow bar which willl most probably be a Witter. I wont know till I get the car of course!
    Cheers, David
    July 07 Black TFSI Eos Sport with Luxury/Winter packs, 6CD and Det Tow bar

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The Towbar has always been availiable,
    its the electric's wiring loom/harness plus the bits to modify the bottom of the rear bumper that I am still awaiting from VW. Part numbers etc,
    promised this month.
    Cheers Steve.
    PS Collected my Eos on !st of March, Its everything we hoped it would be. Now for the towbar!!

0 0 0

8. Question  
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have read this whole thread and am particularly interested in the flap that covers the hole in the bumper when the towbar is not in use. Do the electrics also come through the same hole or are they still visible else where.

Are the any pictures available.

Being VW this may also suit my Golf.

Ben

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Enquired about Eos tow bar today at Aberdeen main dealer:-

Tow Bar £285.00
    Electrics £285.00
    Fitting £500.00

TOTAL £1070.00 Ouch !

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    HI Folks, The saga continues, although VW/UK had promised me that the VW parts for Tow bar will be available from 22nd of April, this has not happened.
    As I have said before, the towbar is available, but the wiring harness for the electrics are still not available to order, although it has been signed off by VW .

The cover (when towbar is removed) is supposedly availble part No IQO 807 397 AGRU .

It looks as though I will be going to Towequipe @ Nuneaton.

VW have been a disappointment, with broken promises and a failure to deliver. We love our car but all the hassel of the towbar, is getting us down.
    I will keep you posted.

Steve 3

0 0 0

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast