my 2001 1.4 vw polo has been read by vag com at independant vw garage . the fault code is 16706 engine speed sensor G28 intermittent no signal . the garage have had car for months and cannot find the fault . It runs fine when fault is deleted but when restarted a couple of times you hear relay 410 of the fuel pump clicking like mad as soon as you hear this the ecu, oil light and clocks stop working . they changed the relay for fuel pump , it has had new ecu , engine speed sensor , crank sensor, coil , new clocks but still the same . they have checked wiring and is ok they say . last week they said they fixed it and it was clocks but sadly it was not . they have contacted bosch and they say its possibly to do with high frequencies of something affecting engine speed sensor , as it is to close .i m starting to think now that the speed sensor fault code is taking them up the wrong alley but im not sure .I spoke to the garage yesterday and they are saying it is to do with the fuel pump relay , but it keeps showing speed sensor fault. has anybody heard of this or could anybody possibly shed any light on this bad headache for me , thanks john