1. Question Child Seat in a B5 Passat 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've got a 2000 115TDI which I don't think has ISOFIX mounts.

Can anyone suggest a car seat as my wife is pregnant with our first, and I obviously want to ensure the baby is as safe as possible.

Cheers

0 0 0

2. Re: Child Seat in a B5 Passat 
    jdhartman24 Guest
    Iwas in the same position last year, I have a 1 year old son, and we did a lot of car seat research. I have a 99 1.8T wagon. We ended up going with a Graco rear facing carrier. It was very easy to install,remove,etc. I put in in the center,back seat. I only have a lap belt in that seat but if you place a knee in the baby seat when you are tightening it down, you can get very secure. Congrats on the upcoming addition. Some friendly advice, sleep now, cause you won't get any later.

0 0 0

3. Thumbs up Re: Child Seat in a B5 Passat 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for your advice, already struggling with sleep now!

Can't imagine what it's going to be like later!!

0 0 0

4. Re: Child Seat in a B5 Passat 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As a father of a nearly three month old I hope you have a spare room if you are working!!! He is not fed from the bottle so Ok that way. GOOD LUCK

As for the seat we have a MAXICOSI and is attached in our Passat (formely our Fiesta) with a base (easyfix) that is attched via the seat belt and has a front leg for stability. Having the ISO fix system is much easier as it just clicks in!!! Not cheap but neither is a life........

Regards

Russell

0 0 0

5. Re: Child Seat in a B5 Passat 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had this issue too...

Before buying the car we asked the main dealer if the car (Passat 2004 TDI 130 Sport SE) had isofix... They said yes... When we went to the pram center it turned out that the car did not have isofix!? Great!!!

Anyway got the MaxiCosi 'easy base' and seems very secure as the previous poster pointed out.

0 0 0

6. Re: Child Seat in a B5 Passat 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hang on a second!!! You can always retrofit ISOFIX if your Passat is post 99. The parts are under 50 quid all in and all it takes is 4 screws! All you need to do is to check if you have the holes in your car with an M8 thread. They were covered in mine with some grey cloth tape and are situated on both sides between the buckle and the door in the back. Flip your bench up and peek up under the back portion of your seat. PM me for part numbers if required.

0 0 0

7. Re: Child Seat in a B5 Passat 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I fitted my ISOFIX a couple of weeks ago as my wife has it in her car (2002 Golf GTTDI) and wanted to easily change the seat from one to the other and wanted maximum safety for the little un of course

here are a few quick pics for anyone interested....

First Remove Carpet to reveal a tab which holds the seat rears in place..Just undo the 1 Torx screw shown below

Then prize off the bracket

The seat backs should be able to be easily removed lift in the middle then slide away from the door.

Once seat backs are out you should be able to see 2 bits of tape (I have removed 1 in pic below) covering the captive nuts which the ISOFIX bolts into, remove these.

Then bolt isofix in place torque to 30nm

Replace seat backs and you should just be able to feel the ISOFIX hoops poking through where seat base meets back.

Fold seat back and fit Child seat jobs a goodun... only took about 30mins tops.

Last edited by VWKD; 14-05-2009 at 12:20 AM.

0 0 0

8. Re: Child Seat in a B5 Passat 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for a superb write up.

I'll be certainly using it in the near future!!

Hex

0 0 0

9. Re: Child Seat in a B5 Passat 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers for the write up!

Spoke to a main dealer today who can get me the bracket (4B0 813 545 A) and bolts (8L0 837 453) tomorrow for £30 odd quid.

0 0 0

10. Re: Child Seat in a B5 Passat 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    been here all of five minutes and found an answer to my new Passat's question list!

quick question to VWKD if i may - do you really need to remove the seat to complete this or is it an ease of access thing?

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast