1. Unhappy VW VENTO CUT OUT PROBLEMS 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I'AM HAVING BIG PROBLEMS WITH A 1997 1.9 VENTO TDI,THE ENGINE JUST DIE'S AT LOW REVS TRAFFIC LIGHTS ETC... 2 GARAGE'S HAVE HAD A LOOK ONE CLEANED THE CRANK SENSOR AND SAID IT IS THE IMMOBILISER AND A POSSIBLE RECODE ON THE KEY COSTING £75.00. IT CAN GO DAYS WITHOUT HAPPENING.WHEN IT HAPPENS IT CAN TAKE 5 TO 30 MINS TO START AGAIN.IF ANYBODY CAN HELP IT PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    check the relay plate under the dash,if it has relay with the numbers 109written on it,i would replace it, they hav been known to cause the problem you are having plus there no fault entry in the eng ecu with this fault.

0 0 0

3. Re: HELP!! VW VENTO CUT OUT PROBLEMS 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi

Hope you can help as really do not know what to do next. I have had the same problem as you - my N reg Vento has been cutting out sporadically and then starting after 5 - 30 minutes. Changed HT Leads ignition module sparks etc etc but it has now cut out totally. The engine turns but does not start - any suggestion welcomed.

Cheers

Sam

0 0 0

4. Re: VW VENTO CUT OUT PROBLEMS 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hello all

having same problems i have a 96 2.0l gl auto vento that just cuts out when im driving when its idling and when your trying to start /crank the engine... not showing any fault codes... the fuel pump relay was clicking and the rev counter drops dramaticly... changed fuel filter and changed relay ...which done nothing... now im having trouble starting it (it cuts as soon as it starts) but leave it 10 mins and it fires up fine i can go a few miles before it starts freakin out....

read an article where a guy had a similar problem the garage told him it was the crankspeed sensor he replaced it twice... then tried the power relay to the ecu and all seemed fine....

have been spending hrs searching for answers all over the net with limited success but it seems to be a common fault with the vw

looking forward to answers please...!!!!

0 0 0

5. Talking Re: VW VENTO CUT OUT PROBLEMS 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Guys,

I had the same problem with my partners car, and I found I could get it working wiggling the fuse board.

In the end I changed the relay Paulb mentioned and guess what..... it works!!! SO if you having this problem this is the first place to start and especially the relays are only a couple of quid.

Good luck guys and hope you sort the problems, now just back to sorting my current problem.

0 0 0

6. Re: VW VENTO CUT OUT PROBLEMS 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have to agrre with paul on the relay, it is very unlikely to be an immobiliser prob as it only checks all is present and correct when you start up.

0 0 0

7. Re: VW VENTO CUT OUT PROBLEMS 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just Brought The New Ecu Power Relay..........

Guess What It Dosent't Work....... F~@ck F~@ck F~@ck....
    Had To Get The R.a.c Out....first Of All The Mech. Said It Was The Ignition Plug....wrong..
    Then Said The Dizzy Is Giving Out A Strange Spark, As In It Was Cutting Out Then Back In.. He Suggested Getting The Thing Tested....
    I Think It May Be My Fuel Pump,as The Power Stays On Ie The Lights And Dials,only The Engine Cuts And The Fuel Pump Relay Clicks Like Mad... Or...

Could It Be The Crank Speed Sensor....... !!!!

Any One Have Any More Good Advice

0 0 0

8. Re: VW VENTO CUT OUT PROBLEMS 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had the problem were my 1996 2.0 Vento would cut out whilst driving and wouldn't start until one of the relays reset itself which could be over 10 minutes. The relay was changed and have had no problems since.

On the other hand i do have another issue and this is were my Vento is coming to a stop or changing down gears. The revs suddenly drop below idle and can cut out (unless i save it by pressing the accelerator which can be tricky when one foot on the clutch and one on the break). I can stop this from happening by bringing the car revs down to idle whilst still in gear and then change but if my revs are above 1000 rpm the chances of it cutting out are high. It starts up no problem if cuts out but is annoying (especially as i'm trying to sell it now). It only has 76,000 miles on the clock but i only do 5,000 miles a year - could it be a clogged up engine as not driven all the time??? Any suggestions??? Thanks.

0 0 0

9. Re: VW VENTO CUT OUT PROBLEMS 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    On the other hand i do have another issue and this is were my Vento is coming to a stop or changing down gears. The revs suddenly drop below idle and can cut out (unless i save it by pressing the accelerator which can be tricky when one foot on the clutch and one on the break). I can stop this from happening by bringing the car revs down to idle whilst still in gear and then change but if my revs are above 1000 rpm the chances of it cutting out are high. It starts up no problem if cuts out but is annoying (especially as i'm trying to sell it now). It only has 76,000 miles on the clock but i only do 5,000 miles a year - could it be a clogged up engine as not driven all the time??? Any suggestions??? Thanks.
    Hi guys, I've got this one too on the same 96 2.0L vento. I had a diagnostic run at my local dealer who said nothing was wrong but it's getting worse. I've had some suggestions that it may be the MAF sensor but disconecting it causes the engine to stall more easily so I'm guessing not. Crank speed sensor makes some sense so I may look into that.
    Mine does around 300 miles a week so it ain't lack of use.
    Sorry for comming in and asking difficult nooby questions but any help would be gratefully recieved
    Last edited by gruffly; 11-09-2008 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Missed detail

0 0 0

10. Re: VW VENTO CUT OUT PROBLEMS 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one having problems on this front.

I've got a 2.0l GL model, only 60K on the clock and it cuts out when dipping the clutch when coming to a halt. It's sporadic as well like yourselves. Revs drop to 400-600 revs and then it cuts, but then other times it drops that low, but manages to pull itself back.
    I haven't had the problem of it taking 10 - 30 mins to start again though. I can get it to start again pretty much straight away.
    Engine's been serviced, dropped slick 50 into it, changed distributor as well. Was thinking of getting K&N as well to help engine breathing.
    Not sure if it's worth changing relay going on prev comments.

Anyone got any more suggestions or is it something we vento drivers are going to have to put up with.

1 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast