Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Passat 2013 TDI Fuel Rail Pressure Too Low/Particulate Filter Regen Frequency/Low oil pressure

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Passat 2013 TDI Fuel Rail Pressure Too Low/Particulate Filter Regen Frequency/Low oil pressure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello.

Having issues of Fuel Rail/System Pressure Too Low and Particulate Filter Regen Frequency fault codes. So far , reserching this and other forms, it is possible the frequent regens are dumping diesel somehow into oil. Hence, I also have a "low oil pressure" light coming on after driving 10 or more miles. I suppose the diesel is thinning the oil.

I have since removed fuel injectors and they look charred . The rubber o-rings not there anymore. The copper washers are toasted looking and thinned. Two of the injectors were extremely stuck. Had just replaced these (o-rings, washers) after a valve cover replacement. Maybe i installed something improperly.

My question is would this symptoms be related as a single issue or possible separate issues and a big coincidense? With DPF and low oil presssure issues, how would low fuel pressure come into the picture if its related?

Possibility of frequent regens resulting in excess diesel being dumped into oil seems plausible being that I do have a DPF fault. Only thing not jiving with that theory is that the DPF fault has been ongoing for past several months now. Car was running fine despite that. Now more recently about two weeks ago is when low fuel pressure light coming on. The glow plug signal starts flashing and car goes into limp mode. If i turn car off, then back on, will run fine again, then go through same thing later down the road. Also, it is now that im seeing excess oil levels in on dipstick and i haven't added oil for the past three weeks. If frequent regens started months ago, wouldn't that excess oil started to creep up since back then and not all the sudden?
    I distinctly rememebr on January second of this year, getting ready to go out of town, checked oil and was a bit low. I added oil to the max mark. Drove off and after about 15 miles, at about 70 mph, glow plug symbol started flashing and when i got the low rail fuel pressure. And through out this whole time the DPF issue had not been resolved.

Could diesel be leaking through the injectors and getting into oil given the condition of the injectors? I believe the bottom componenents of injectors can be replaced; the nozle nut, nozle, needle, etc. It's a kit.

My thought process is to change oil, oil filter, repair injectors, or buy new ones. Put injectors back with everything back making sure all seats well and all is clean. Check oil level frequently and see what happens. If no more oil issues, then move on to low fuel pressure issue and DPF. Thoughts?

Sorry for long post, just want to include as much info as possible. Thanks for suggestions, comments, ideas, guidance, sharing past experience.

0 0 0

2. Re: Passat 2013 TDI Fuel Rail Pressure Too Low/Particulate Filter Regen Frequency/Low oil pressure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1886 Post(s)
    What is the VIN? NAR cars can be quite different to UK ones.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Passat 2013 TDI Fuel Rail Pressure Too Low/Particulate Filter Regen Frequency/Low oil pressure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks. The vin is 1VWBN7A32DC076445

Looking at injectors, there is a crack on one of them . The part that is cracked is the injector retaining nut, but the injector body is not cracked. Another of the injectors , the tip, somehow bulged up a bit to where the copper washer can't even slip through. Something was happening down there. I am now looking for these injector parts to replace instead of replacing entire injectors. The injectors that look ok, I was able to take apart and sprayed brake cleaner through and all 8 holes seem clear. Any suggestions, ideas, appreciated.

0 0 0

4. Re: Passat 2013 TDI Fuel Rail Pressure Too Low/Particulate Filter Regen Frequency/Low oil pressure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1886 Post(s)
    The injectors were revised Feb 2014 and your car can use them, part number 03L 130 277 R and available new from Bosch under number 0 445 110 437. VAG and Bosch have given up trying to rebuild the CR injectors. Don't forget new bolts and spreader plates.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: Passat 2013 TDI Fuel Rail Pressure Too Low/Particulate Filter Regen Frequency/Low oil pressure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks. Will look into it. Any ideas, comments on what might have been happenning down there? Can one stick a videscope down in the cylinder are and take a look under where the injectors go, or would it be necessary to take it apart to see? Had just done a valve cover replacement September of last year. O-rings and copper washer seals look pretty worn for such short time.

0 0 0

6. Re: Passat 2013 TDI Fuel Rail Pressure Too Low/Particulate Filter Regen Frequency/Low oil pressure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1886 Post(s)
    The hold down bolt is inadequately engineered and the injectors come loose torching their seals in the process.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: Passat 2013 TDI Fuel Rail Pressure Too Low/Particulate Filter Regen Frequency/Low oil pressure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks. Those are the injectors already on there; same numbers. BY spreader plates, you mean the brackets that suppose to hold down the injectors with them stretch bolts?

0 0 0

8. Re: Passat 2013 TDI Fuel Rail Pressure Too Low/Particulate Filter Regen Frequency/Low oil pressure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1886 Post(s)
    Yes the two plates that hold them down. If they are removed they MUST be kept aligned with their respective injector pair, not swapped over or turned around as they are likely to snap in service. If new injectors are fitted it is recommended that they are replaced.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

9. Re: Passat 2013 TDI Fuel Rail Pressure Too Low/Particulate Filter Regen Frequency/Low oil pressure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks, i do appreciate so much. So if injectors were loose and car was driven regularly like that, could major damage happen to something? Just received a borsecope. My plan is to take alook see into hole where injectors go and look deep down . What should i expect to see, if anything or what am i looking for to indicate major damage ? Hoping I dont have to replace major stuff. Thanks again!

0 0 0

10. Re: Passat 2013 TDI Fuel Rail Pressure Too Low/Particulate Filter Regen Frequency/Low oil pressure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1886 Post(s)
    I have never seen any injector or head bore damage. We fitted a brand new genuine VW exchange engine a few weeks ago and these come with injectors but someone at the factory forgot to tighten the bolts and a pair blew out after less than 100 miles!

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast