1. Bonnet open warning won't **** off 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    My bonnet lock seized up and the little electrical sensor on it broke on me during removal. I just tied up the disconnected 2pin electrical connector. All seemed fine for over a week when suddenly the bonnet open warning decided to start beeping at me, stopping me from using thew wipers and spraying the washer fluid as it thinks the bonnet is open.

As the warning didn't come on for over a week, I thought it would stay like that so I ordered the cheaper new lock with no electrical sensor. I'm not buying the correct lock now, this one will have to do.

So, how do I disable the open warning sound? Am I correct in thinking that joining the 2 wires together won't stop the warning as I think the circuit is open when the bonnet is closed and the circuit is closed when the bonnet is open? Is this correct? If so, why is the warning sound on if connector disconnected?

Can I remove the bonnet open warning via a genuine version of VCDS?

Also, is the interior bonnet release lever unit the same for all mk5 golfs?

That's all folks
    Last edited by TdiBlacky140; 10-08-2022 at 11:12 PM.

0 0 0

2. Re: Bonnet open warning won't **** off 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1841 Post(s)
    A disconnected bonnet open contact will not stop the wipers or make the washers work randomly.

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Bonnet open warning won't **** off 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Hi Crasher, are you sure? I thought from what I've read that when the car thinks the bonnet is open as the open warning light is on the whole time that the wipers won't work with the bonnet open and neither will the front washer jets. My wipers aren't intermittent, it's only when the bonnet open warning is on that they don't work.

Is there a "workaround" I can do to switch the warning off, I don't need it. I don't think bridging the 2 wires together will stop it?
    Can VCDS turn it off by changing a program code or such?

0 0 0

4. Re: Bonnet open warning won't **** off 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1841 Post(s)
    The bonnet open warning is a closed circuit for warning being open and so the wipers won't work until about 30kmh, its normal state is open circuit as shown in the VAG wiring diagram. If it is unplugged the light should stay out and bridging the contacts bring it on.

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: Bonnet open warning won't **** off 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    So I unplugged it at the junction near the headlight and everything is normal again, except for obviously I don't have a bonnet open warning.

When I said it was disconnected previously, I meant it was disconnected at the lock itself. It's werid that unplugging it at the lock is different to unplugging it at the junction near the headlight. I would of thought disconnecting it at either of these points would of had the same effect?

0 0 0