Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Intermittent engine light - VW unable to fix - PLEASE HELP!!

1. Intermittent engine light - VW unable to fix - PLEASE HELP!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi everyone

I hope this is the right forum to post this on - I am new here, but desperate for any help re: the below!!

I bought a VW Caddy Maxi (18 reg) from a used approved VW garage a year and a half ago. I have had an intermittent amber light engine management warning on and off for a year and a half. The same error code is diagnosed each time (P20EE NOX EFFICIENCY). The van drives fine and there are no other problems after having driven it for 30,000 miles. But still the light returns. I have made 11 unsuccesful trips to approved VW garages and no one has been able to resolve the issue.

VW have liaised with Milton Keynes HQ and followed tech advice from Germany, as well as the oxygen sensor being changed, but to no avail. A head technician at Wooburn Green suggested he thinks it may be the DPF Filter or something inside the Catalyic Converter, but since neither of those are showing concrete error messages, VW will not approve a repair under warranty in case they cannot claim back for it. I have attempted to escelate this as high as possible and it reached the executive office at customer services, but the most they have been willing to offer is an extension on the warranty. I am now protected by the 'All In' cover which covers any problems arising from faults including the emissions region (which is where the fault appears to be residing).

However, I am at my wits end with this as I am going round in circles with fault > diagnostics > unable to fix > van returned to me , 11 times and counting. Has anyone ever had a similar problem, is there any advice on how to resolve this, escalate with VW and push them to fix it once and for all? Could it be as simple as a glitch?..

Thank you.

0 0 0

2. Re: Intermittent engine light - VW unable to fix - PLEASE HELP!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1841 Post(s)
    31103 (P20EE) - SCR NOx Catalyst Bank 1 [232] - Efficiency too Low. MIL ON - Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear

What is the VIN? Which Diesel do you use? I seem to remember there being a software update for this, have you asked?

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Intermittent engine light - VW unable to fix - PLEASE HELP!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    31103 (P20EE) - SCR NOx Catalyst Bank 1 [232] - Efficiency too Low. MIL ON - Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear

What is the VIN? Which Diesel do you use? I seem to remember there being a software update for this, have you asked?

Hi, sorry for the delayed response. I was waiting for the garages to confirm if they had checled for software updates in the course of their diagnostics - which they have, and found everything was up to date.

I mostly use Shell Diesel. I just did a 300 mile round trip this weekend and the vehicle ran like a dream. When the light has appeared in the past it is usually when joining a motorway from 40mph to 70mph for example, the increased speed has triggered it. There are no other side effects as I say it runs very well other than the light itself.

0 0 0

4. Re: Intermittent engine light - VW unable to fix - PLEASE HELP!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1841 Post(s)
    Try it exclusively on V Power for a few tanks.

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: Intermittent engine light - VW unable to fix - PLEASE HELP!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks will do

0 0 0

6. Re: Intermittent engine light - VW unable to fix - PLEASE HELP!! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Did the V Power fuel make any difference? I'm about to post a similar question so am very interested

Thanks

0 0 0