1. Firmware - Head Unit Hardware version 61 - RMC_EU_K16342 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    I purchased some 2022 maps - plug and play. However not working and vendor thinks it's because I am still on original factory software.
    I have 2016 maps - version 8X0919884J - P32-50-15.03. My software version is RMC-EU-P1432B.
    When I search around sites say I need firmware RMC_EU_K16158 but to be cautions because this is only for head unit hardware versions 50 - 59.
    I have a bluetooth FVAG scanner and scanned module 5f as advised.
    It shows I have RMC Nav Plus H61 0139 - and head unit part number is 4G1035192A. An online search seems to confirm Hardware Version is 61.
    I have searched for the firmware and 1 forum suggested I need RMC_EU_K16342.

I have emailed my local dealer (50 miles away) and await a reply but not confident I'll get one.
    Does anyone know if dealers sell the firmware update SD cards - and has anyone updated a head unit with hardware version H61 with new firmware?

Grateful for any help.
    2016 Audi A6 C7 - 2.0 TDI Sline Ultra - Moonlight Blue - No Tech Packs

0 0 0

2. Re: Firmware - Head Unit Hardware version 61 - RMC_EU_K16342 
    Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A6@georgemac View Post
    I purchased some 2022 maps - plug and play. However not working and vendor thinks it's because I am still on original factory software.
    I have 2016 maps - version 8X0919884J - P32-50-15.03. My software version is RMC-EU-P1432B.
    When I search around sites say I need firmware RMC_EU_K16158 but to be cautions because this is only for head unit hardware versions 50 - 59.
    I have a bluetooth FVAG scanner and scanned module 5f as advised.
    It shows I have RMC Nav Plus H61 0139 - and head unit part number is 4G1035192A. An online search seems to confirm Hardware Version is 61.
    I have searched for the firmware and 1 forum suggested I need RMC_EU_K16342.

I have emailed my local dealer (50 miles away) and await a reply but not confident I'll get one.
    Does anyone know if dealers sell the firmware update SD cards - and has anyone updated a head unit with hardware version H61 with new firmware?

Grateful for any help.
    I tried both "non genuine" SD-Cards and Genuine SD-Cards in mine (tech pack variant) and none would install as the SD-Card always seemed to be empty.
    I tried the dealer, and they wanted 400 quid + vat to install the updates, and needed the car for a half-day to do it - as it has to be done a specific way. They also wouldn't install any of the software updates for the MMI - they said they didn't have access to them - meaning I was still stuck with 2015 base software that was buggy as hell for bluetooth and other issues.
    Ended up speaking to Alex @ Vag Car Coding and he sorted the whole lot for me - all the software updates, and all the map updates and tweaked a few settings on the car for me for under a third of what the dealer wanted, and did it within a few days - meant popping to London to see him, but that's only 50 miles, and he was thoroughly excellent to deal with.

Might be easier to go that route?

Cheers,
    Dan.

0 0 0

3. Re: Firmware - Head Unit Hardware version 61 - RMC_EU_K16342 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by danclyon View Post
    Alex @ Vag Car Coding
    Ditto

0 1 0

4. Re: Firmware - Head Unit Hardware version 61 - RMC_EU_K16342 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Thanks for the replies guys. I live in Aberdeenshire and not much expert coders around our areas that I know of.
    The seller says they are sending another card with an extra file installed - and still offering refund. I am going to wait and try the other card.
    I have had one reply from a remote coding expert - but you need either VCP or ODIS-E - both of which are quite expensive.
    I was looking to get a towbar fitted - and even the expert firms for this some way from me - but one quote showed software update needed - cost £72. I'd only need this if I decided to go for towbar.

Do any of you guys have H61 head unit - maybe you don't know - if you had be good if you posted your firmware/software version for me. I use one of these FVAG bluetooth tools with my Android phone or ipad - I have never coded anything (done this on my previous car with VCDS borrowed from a friend) - but used FVAG for service reset and clearing error codes - my battery got a bit low other days and I started getting error codes from a couple of systems (no low battery warning) - have cleared them all - once battery charged warnings stopped but faults were logged. The FVAG looks like already superseded, bought it from Albionshire Diagnostics who were very good to deal with. Have similar tools.

0 0 0

5. Re: Firmware - Head Unit Hardware version 61 - RMC_EU_K16342 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks for the replies guys. I live in Aberdeenshire and not much expert coders around our areas that I know of.
    The seller says they are sending another card with an extra file installed - and still offering refund. I am going to wait and try the other card.
    I have had one reply from a remote coding expert - but you need either VCP or ODIS-E - both of which are quite expensive.
    I was looking to get a towbar fitted - and even the expert firms for this some way from me - but one quote showed software update needed - cost £72. I'd only need this if I decided to go for towbar.

Do any of you guys have H61 head unit - maybe you don't know - if you had be good if you posted your firmware/software version for me. I use one of these FVAG bluetooth tools with my Android phone or ipad - I have never coded anything (done this on my previous car with VCDS borrowed from a friend) - but used FVAG for service reset and clearing error codes - my battery got a bit low other days and I started getting error codes from a couple of systems (no low battery warning) - have cleared them all - once battery charged warnings stopped but faults were logged. The FVAG looks like already superseded, bought it from Albionshire Diagnostics who were very good to deal with. Have similar tools.
    I'd say still reach out to Alex - he's got colleagues all over the place as he basically runs a network of people able to do device coding in the aftermarket space across the whole VAG group - so it's possible he's got someone close to you that can come and help - or within a reasonable distance drive.

I had exactly the same experience with the first place I bought updated maps from - they sent me a massive ZIP file by secure download, followed the instructions etc. even found an old windows laptop to create the SD-Card with and had them do it remotely, which didn't work, then they sent me an SD-Card pre-built, which didn't work, then after about 3 months of tinkering they gave up. Alex did explain the reason to me when I met him, but I've forgotten the details, but his updates were all from SD-Card but he used about 4 different ones to update all the different systems.

Worth a call/mail even if it's a no-go as it might just take all the hassle away!

D.

0 0 0

6. Re: Firmware - Head Unit Hardware version 61 - RMC_EU_K16342 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    I have sent a message to Vag Coding - will see if they have any options for me.

0 0 0

7. Re: Firmware - Head Unit Hardware version 61 - RMC_EU_K16342 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    So the second card from the seller never worked and now cards on way back for refund.
    No reply from Audi dealer about firmware update.
    No reply from Vag coding - so just have to make do with my 2016 maps and my Garmin with free lifetime updates!
    Thanks

0 0 0

8. Re: Firmware - Head Unit Hardware version 61 - RMC_EU_K16342 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    So the second card from the seller never worked and now cards on way back for refund.
    No reply from Audi dealer about firmware update.
    No reply from Vag coding - so just have to make do with my 2016 maps and my Garmin with free lifetime updates!
    Thanks
    That was exactly the experience I had....

Trying pinging Vag Coding a few times - he's incredibly busy all the time, and sometimes takes a few days to get to things!

Cheers,
    Dan.

0 1 0