Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,
    looking to fit an OEM spec Westfalia detachable swan neck tow bar to my 2001 2.7T C5 Allroad and have the following questions:

1. Does anyone know of where to get one of this vintage either new or used ? PF Jones don't appear to list them. I was watching one on ebay for months (NOS) whilst I waited to get the car but it's since gone. Is there an alternative that looks as discreet as the OEM one when detached ?

2. With my car not having had one fitted from the factory do I need a different inner bumper and/or outer skin to those fitted to a non-tow bar model ? PF jones website for an Oris Tow Bar says to order an "inside bumper" from a dealer part no. 4Z807313A. I have checked mine and it is missing the A suffix. Is it simply a question of having to cutaway part of mine for clearance ?

3. I've seen rear bumper skins on ebay that are described as "for tow bar" with part no. 4Z7807303 or 4Z7807303A so what's the difference between those and the one that will be on mine ? Can i get away with cutting it away if it is a case of needing clearance ?

Many Thanks as always for any guidance !

0 0 0

2. Re: Allroad C5 Tow Bar retrofit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    The A suffix on "inside bumper" / steel reinforcement is for "removable trailer hitch". Maybe it has a place to bolt it into?

On the outer skin the A indicates holes for parking sensors. Not sure that needs changing though. There don't seem to be tow-bar specific versions.
    ======

Did this forum help you today? Help make sure it's here next time as well. Just click here to make a suitable donation using PayPal .

0 0 0

3. Re: Allroad C5 Tow Bar retrofit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the clarification. I have parking sensors so no difference on the bumper skin by the sounds of it. The inside bumper must have something special about it then. I'll keep digging.

0 0 0

4. Re: Allroad C5 Tow Bar retrofit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Suffix A on the inner reinforcement beam is indeed a tow bar specific part. The rear of the beam is more exposed in the mid-section than the non-suffix A version to accommodate the tow bar bracket. I found one on German ebay and here is an example:
    4z7807313a rear bumper reinforcement audi allroad quattro ca1-j3 94592 | eBay

0 0 0