1. a4 b5 2.5 tdi quattro avant no start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    evening everyone, first post on any forum so go easy on me. Got me a 2.5tdi a few months ago off a family member a few months back and have been fixing t up over the last few month while at uni, the car was put off the road as it started to lose most of its power and reck black smoke, thought it was the turbo so bought one and fitted it and this didnt do anything (i know i should of got vag com and did a scan first). i think spent for ever figuring out what could be the problem, think I have been pulling my hair out learning vag com and reading what i think is ever thread on the vp44 pump.
    I pulled the pump and stripped it ( turns out the timing piston was stuck) so replaced it and tried to bleed the system which was hell. I tried to get it to start but it would catch and maybe after a second the engine cut out, i could see the pump was pulling in all the fuel from the clear line, so check the transfer pump in the tank and jumped it on the fuse, this didnt solve the air in the lines problem so i got myself inline pump for after the fuel filter and replaced the lines as they were a bit (quite a lot) cracked but i made sure to have a bit of clear in the system to see it. this solved the problem of air in the line, after bleeding i got my hopes up after starting the ca and it running for a 10 seconds ( all be it very rough) i thought maybe the injector would need bleed a bit more and the timing changed, but after cranking the car again it went back to how it was before.
    im currently soaking the pressure relieve valve but i doubt it will make much of a difference.

currently no codes on vagcom bar a engine mounting bracket code.

any help would be lovely as no matter how cups of tea i drink and hair i pull out it doesnt seem to help.

0 0 0

2. Re: a4 b5 2.5 tdi quattro avant no start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    What is the VIN? Did you repair or replace the pump?
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: a4 b5 2.5 tdi quattro avant no start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    not with the car atm, but its a 2001. will check this evening and post.
    pump was repaired (timing advance piston timing replaced) all codes match and theres a lot of diesel coming out of the injectors and its coming out in a mist.
    the engine seems like it want to catch but it just dies straight away after catching a few times.

thanks for the reply, i feel like some bosch engineers need a good slap in the face after desgining this pump.

0 0 0

4. Re: a4 b5 2.5 tdi quattro avant no start 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    It sounds like the immobilser is kicking in, start and immediate stop is a very strong indicator.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0