Notices

User Tag List

Thread: 2018 Superb SE L Exec Estate TDI Auto - Reluctant to start when facing uphill?

1. 2018 Superb SE L Exec Estate TDI Auto - Reluctant to start when facing uphill? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    In the last few months my 2018 Superb Estate TDI Auto has occasionally been reluctant to start when facing uphill. Our drive is on about a 15 degree slope. This morning I had to cycle the starter button/ignition 5 times before the starter would turn the engine. Once the engine was turned over it started just fine. When the vehicle is facing downhill the car starts as it should do, on the first press of the starter button. Any ideas as to why this should be happening gratefully received. PS. The car is often left for several days between outings.

0 0 0

2. Re: 2018 Superb SE L Exec Estate TDI Auto - Reluctant to start when facing uphill? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    It sounds like the fuel is being syphoned back out of the filter and high pressure system, which it shouldn't. If this is the case, each time it struggles to start it means the high pressure fuel pump is running dry which it will not take kindly to.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

3. Re: 2018 Superb SE L Exec Estate TDI Auto - Reluctant to start when facing uphill? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Crasher. Any suggestions as to how to rectify this problem?
    всієї влади україні та найкращих побажань.

0 0 0

4. Re: 2018 Superb SE L Exec Estate TDI Auto - Reluctant to start when facing uphill? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    What is the VIN?
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: 2018 Superb SE L Exec Estate TDI Auto - Reluctant to start when facing uphill? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Vin Number - TMBKH7NP4K7020908.

0 0 0

6. Re: 2018 Superb SE L Exec Estate TDI Auto - Reluctant to start when facing uphill? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    The fuel filter system and the associated fuel lines/damper were revised on 11.03.19 and yours car was built on 16.09.2018, the set of parts are approx Ł250. It is too new for my offline TPI list but they don't revise a system like that for nothing

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

7. Re: 2018 Superb SE L Exec Estate TDI Auto - Reluctant to start when facing uphill? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I don't suppose you know if this has been a subject of a recall by Skoda?

0 0 0

8. Re: 2018 Superb SE L Exec Estate TDI Auto - Reluctant to start when facing uphill? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    I had a similar issue with my superb and replaced the fuel lines that go from fuel filter to fast connect connections towards the dash and the 2 ones from ther under the car towards the tank. what is happening is as crasher already mentioned fuel goes back to the tank do to air getting in through the connection fittings or the filter housing is not sealed properly or is a needle like pinch in one of the hoses. I sugest first checking the system for air ingress before jumping on buying stuff in my case i replaced the filter fuel lines old 5Q0 130 295 J with 5Q0 130 295 AB and the fuel lines going to the tank 3Q0 200 059 BJ (was no revision part number on this but new part looked sturdier).

use the picture from this listing to have an idea what i was up against
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/203184079073 item 11 (filter fuel lines) and 1 from filter fuel lines to tank.

Database shows the same part numbers for your vin as my one in partslink24

I checked the lines in my case with a manometer individually to see which leak pressure using vacuum, a bit of a job ... and only found initially one of the hoses having a pin hole... after i started testing in pairs from fuel filter connection to tank and found both connection between set 1 and 11 not sealing properly i could not replace seal rings in the quick disconnect so had to source from skoda all lines ... in my case was about 260 ish Ł without vat.

My car was not part of the recall, if it is will show up on MOT certificate this days...

0 0 0

9. Re: 2018 Superb SE L Exec Estate TDI Auto - Reluctant to start when facing uphill? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    59 Post(s)
    i think you hit the nail on the head when you said re-place fuel lines

0 0 0