Notices

User Tag List

Thread: VW Golf Mk7 GTD 2013/63 plate Coolant loss issue HELP NEEDED!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Lightbulb VW Golf Mk7 GTD 2013/63 plate Coolant loss issue HELP NEEDED! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi

My Golf GTD's Coolant warning light comes on stating there is a coolant loss. The temperature needle does not go over 90 when driving. When i topped it up, it goes away for a few days and then it comes back. The bag

that was inside the coolant tank has split and the coolant does have oil in the coolant tank. I do not know where that could be coming from. I thought it might be a head gasket issue, but the oil level is fine. There is no

white white smoke coming from the exhaust. I was told by VW that they stopped putting the bag in the coolant tank on later models. I was told unless the coolant is drained, it can affect and stop the heater matrix from

working if not sorted out earlier. I have been driving it gently. What is causing the coolant loss?

I know i will have to drain the coolant out and change the coolant tank, but i don't want the same issue happening again. Has anyone else had a similar issue and fixed the issue on their Golf GTD Mk7?

0 0 0

2. Re: VW Golf Mk7 GTD 2013/63 plate Coolant loss issue HELP NEEDED! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    We are seeing LOTS of Golf 7 (MQB platform) cars with radiator leaks. The wiring conduit for the fan rubs on the capillaries and wears through the conduit and then the capillary allowing water to go into the conduit which drip out at the fan pack plug, I have lost count of the number of these I have seen, three in the last week or two! It is definitely a design defect.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Lightbulb Re: VW Golf Mk7 GTD 2013/63 plate Coolant loss issue HELP NEEDED! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    We are seeing LOTS of Golf 7 (MQB platform) cars with radiator leaks. The wiring conduit for the fan rubs on the capillaries and wears through the conduit and then the capillary allowing water to go into the conduit which drip out at the fan pack plug, I have lost count of the number of these I have seen, three in the last week or two! It is definitely a design defect.

Hi Crasher

Thank you for your advice. My mechanic says that I have to change the heater matrix as a precaution because the bag split in the coolant tank and can affect the heater matrix by blocking it up. He quoted 8 hours for the job which includes draining the coolant and checking the water pump. Is it necessary to change the heater matrix?

0 0 0

4. Re: VW Golf Mk7 GTD 2013/63 plate Coolant loss issue HELP NEEDED! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I also noticed that when i make short journeys 2 to 3 miles about 5 minutes or so of driving, when I park up I noticed the engine fan is one for about 5 minutes. What is this a sign of? I topped up the engine with water. The coolant loss warning light has not turned on for a few days now. I am expecting it to.

Could the heatermatrix be affected by the nag ripping
    Could the wardrobe pump be an issue?
    I lnow there is a leak somewhere but I don't understand how oil has contaminated the coolant tank

Either way I need to flush out the coolant and replace with new coolant and get it pressure tested when the car is cold. Another other suggestions? Should I be driving the car?

0 0 0

5. Re: VW Golf Mk7 GTD 2013/63 plate Coolant loss issue HELP NEEDED! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    The fan run on may my because the DPF is getting clogged and the ECU is trying to carry out a background regeneration.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

6. Re: VW Golf Mk7 GTD 2013/63 plate Coolant loss issue HELP NEEDED! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    ...carry out a background regeneration.
    Sounds like something from Dr Who: "Reverse the polarity of the neutron flow"
    ======

Did this forum help you today? Help make sure it's here next time as well. Just click here to make a suitable donation using PayPal .

1 1 0