1. DSG Gearbox Issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi everyone, I'll try to keep this brief!

I have a few issues with the MK6 Golf, 1.4TSI DSG. Firstly, I think the Transmission control module on the car is cattle trucked. The other half was driving down the road, stopped in traffic, tried to pull away when the traffic moved and it just revved. I told her to turn it off, then on again and hopefully it will solve it. It did, and away she went..............for another 200 yards before it happened again. This time, she turned it off, but it refused to start again with an error on the dash saying select P or N. I assume the ECU was being told it was still in drive so it wouldn't allow us to start it up again. We managed to pull the car to the side of the road, called the AA and they towed us home.

Whilst we were there I scanned the car hoping that would get us going again after I cleared any fault codes. Unfortunately it wasn't reading the TCM. No communication with it at all. Got home and plugged in VAGCOM only to find I was still having the same issue, no communication with the TCM.

So, I assume that's shot! I found somewhere that can test it and refurb it for around £600 (is that good or bad?) but first port of call is getting the old one out!

I spent today doing just that. Eventually I managed to get it moving in a very tight space. However, on removal one of the "arms" (don't know if that's the technical term for them) broke and when I had it all off it was nowhere to be seen. I assume it snapped inside the gearbox when I was removing it (rookie mistake apparently) and now I have a plastic piece somewhere inside the gearbox.

At the moment it is obviously completely empty of oil as I drained it all to get the TCM out. So my question to you all, is there any way I can flush the gearbox and hope that the plastic piece comes out with it? If so, what's best to use and how with an open end where the TCM should be?

Any guidance would be very much appreciated.

And yes I know I said I'd keep it brief, but I failed!

Dean

0 0 0

2. Re: DSG Gearbox Issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    We will only fit new genuine Mechatronic units, repaired ones often fail.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: DSG Gearbox Issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Morning everyone. Just a little update on this.

I removed the unit from the gearbox and sent it off for testing. Apparently the electronics are completely shot and they cannot communicate with it so it has been deemed non repairable.

So, I now need to go about finding another DQ200 7 Speed DSG mechatronics. Does anyone know a good place to get one? At the moment, the last thing I want to do is spend £1,800 on a new one from Volkswagen! 💷

0 0 0

4. Re: DSG Gearbox Issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    Used ones are a minefield, there are 13 or so of them so you would need the apsrt and version number; a new genuine part has to be special ordered with the cars VIN and can take upto two weeks. The part number is possibly 0AM 325 025 D and then there is a version coded such as ZFU. If you did a code read and save this information will be on the read. I can tell you more from the VIN.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: DSG Gearbox Issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    Used ones are a minefield, there are 13 or so of them so you would need the apsrt and version number; a new genuine part has to be special ordered with the cars VIN and can take upto two weeks. The part number is possibly 0AM 325 025 D and then there is a version coded such as ZFU. If you did a code read and save this information will be on the read. I can tell you more from the VIN.
    Thanks for the reply.

I've got the part number from the old unit which is 0AM 927 769 D. There's 3 letters on there too and they're TFK. Is that helpful?

I can DM you my VIN number if that helps at all?

I tried scanning the TCM before I sent it off but it wouldn't communicate with it at all so any information from it is a non-starter. ☹️ If I was to buy another unit that wasn't coded to the car, would I be able to use VAGCOM to code it?

Thanks for the help.

Dean

0 0 0

6. Re: DSG Gearbox Issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Depending how you get on with other approaches there are people who will de-solder the flash from the old one to either read any required info, or transplant into a new unit. Take a look on the ECU tuning sites for a GCU section.
    ======

Did this forum help you today? Help make sure it's here next time as well. Just click here to make a suitable donation using PayPal .

0 0 0

7. Re: DSG Gearbox Issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    ZFU is the software version, post your VIN or PM it

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

8. Re: DSG Gearbox Issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ZFU is the software version, post your VIN or PM it
    Hi Crasher, I've sent you a PM but I can't see whether or not it has sent. I have no "sent" messages so I'm not 100% sure. Can you please tell me whether or not you received the info?

Thanks,

Dean

0 0 0

9. Re: DSG Gearbox Issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    The code of the transmission itself is MPH, the software version of the Mech I can see from home was ZER but in 2015 changed to ZHT but without ETKA I can’t see what TFK is.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

10. Re: DSG Gearbox Issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The code of the transmission itself is MPH, the software version of the Mech I can see from home was ZER but in 2015 changed to ZHT but without ETKA I canÂ’t see what TFK is.
    Sorry for my ignorance, but most of that means nothing to me. If I had a ZER TCU then, would I have to another one with the same code? How do I know what code it is? The only letters I have on the TCU is TFK. I'll have to work out how to send a picture of the part number which above it shows that code.

So, if i bought another unit, would I be able to code it myself using VAGCOM?

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast