Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    4H0 121 671 B changed to 4H0 121 671 D 07/21, interestingly ETKA says if you have a B in stock, you must not sell it! BUT, this should not be on your car in the fist place, the pump on the engine should be 5N0 965 561 A and the heater support pump is now 06H 121 601 M. It is a bit confusing but I have to log off now and go home as it is my wedding anniversary.
    Last edited by Crasher; 23-06-2022 at 12:42 PM.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

2. Re: Auxiliary coolant pump / coolant pump B open circuit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Weeding anniversary?....

Yeah kind of getting what you mean, I ordered the second pump anyway so will see how it goes when I replace that, I pretty optimistic on that one. I also checked the 40a and 60a fuses under the steering column as discovered they were there too! No stone unturned!

1 1 0

3. Re: Auxiliary coolant pump / coolant pump B open circuit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    I was in a hurry
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

4. Re: Auxiliary coolant pump / coolant pump B open circuit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    OK absolutely miffed and pis*ed now. Changed both pumps have been changed now and I was sure that the replacement of the support pump would do it but it didn't. So again I've checked all the fuses in the engine bay, both sides of the IP, luggage compartment and under steering. I've checked all the relays for life and they're giving me readings and also the connections for both pumps too. I literally have no idea where to go from here so any ideas 💡 guys?

0 0 0

5. Re: Auxiliary coolant pump / coolant pump B open circuit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    I think Crasher was saying above that one of the fitted part numbers looked wrong. Did you change to one of the ones mentioned?
    ======

Did this forum help you today? Help make sure it's here next time as well. Just click here to make a suitable donation using PayPal .

0 0 0

6. Re: Auxiliary coolant pump / coolant pump B open circuit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I've just had to rewrite again as I missed some info. It is also worth noting that at no point has my heating been affected it's always been nice and toasty summer to winter, however my aircon hasn't worked for a year or so but not sure if that is related to this.

So the engine pump as mentioned the original was 06H 121 601 J which I replaced with an identical part number which failed to remove EML and also then tried 06H 121 601 M which also failed to remove the EML. These are the pumps at the back of the engine with the 3 pin connection. So I'd also replaced the pump under the plenum with the 2 pin connection from original part number 4HO 121 671 B to 671 D as stated above.

My only concern is that 5N0 965 561 looks different as the outlets on that both point towards the connector, one from the side and one from the top which angles the same way towards the connector whereas the 06H 121 601 M and the original J part outlets point directly up and one from the side pointing out opposite to the electrical connection. But again these are the pumps behind the engine. @Crasher are you referring to the heater support pump as the 3 pin one behind the engine or the 2 pin one under the plenum?

I am kind of lost as to where the 5N0 965 561 would go if I bought that one.

0 0 0

7. Re: Auxiliary coolant pump / coolant pump B open circuit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    At the point you're at I'd check the actual wiring.

As far as Ic an see you should have red+purple, red+blue and brown at the 3-pin connector. Brown should have good connection to chassis / battery -ve of course. The others should run via a couple of loom connectors to pins 15 and 14 respectively of the 20-pin connector on the back of the AC control unit.

They don't branch anywhere so I'd jumper them at one end and check for continuity at the other. Or make up a ~6' test lead if I was still worried that might damage something (which would be needed anyway if the loop showed open circuit).

If there is a break then the loom connectors to help isolate it are in the driver side plenum chamber (red), and footwell (blue) - with the wire colours preserved end to end.
    ======

Did this forum help you today? Help make sure it's here next time as well. Just click here to make a suitable donation using PayPal .

0 0 0

8. Re: Auxiliary coolant pump / coolant pump B open circuit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VAG-Abound View Post
    At the point you're at I'd check the actual wiring.

As far as Ic an see you should have red+purple, red+blue and brown at the 3-pin connector. Brown should have good connection to chassis / battery -ve of course. The others should run via a couple of loom connectors to pins 15 and 14 respectively of the 20-pin connector on the back of the AC control unit.

They don't branch anywhere so I'd jumper them at one end and check for continuity at the other. Or make up a ~6' test lead if I was still worried that might damage something (which would be needed anyway if the loop showed open circuit).

If there is a break then the loom connectors to help isolate it are in the driver side plenum chamber (red), and footwell (blue) - with the wire colours preserved end to end.
    Thanks for the info, bit too technical for me there I think I'll get that checked out by an auto elec though, appreciate the input. Thank you.

0 0 0

9. Re: Auxiliary coolant pump / coolant pump B open circuit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    OK. Just to confirm - was your new M suffix pump from VAG and did they match it to the car via registration / VIN number?
    ======

0 0 0

10. Re: Auxiliary coolant pump / coolant pump B open circuit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi, no, it was an aftermarket but new one.

The replacement "J" I got was a genuine used one.

I did call the dealers up earlier today and they quoted £60 for the pump on the engine which isn't bad I'm assuming that +Vat but the guy I spoke to wasn't the best. He didn't initially understand what I was referring too and after a while reluctantly took the part number off me but then wouldn't really say what the PN was that he was quoting me for after I'd given him the PN off my car of that makes sense.

0 0 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast