1. 98 Passat AFN 110 with absolutely no power past 2-3K RPM 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi everyone I have a 98 Passat AFN engine 110 hp with absolutely no power past 2-3K RPM. I've tried replacing the MAF sensor (new) and the N75 valve new , but still no power, new fuel filter and new air filter.

reading the faults with vagcom gives
    01237 Fuel Cut off valve N109
    this fuel cut off valve is the interior out so no valve and spring anymore but it was driving 20 000 km without problems
    i have 0,9 bar turbo boost and the car is not smoking at all. No Cat converter so 100% no blockage in exhaust
    i have 14 volt on the solenoid with engine running and resistance between the wire at fuel shut off valve and the pin 77 at ecu is ok 1,3 Ohm and resistance on fuel shut off valve is around 4 ohm
    this car is from 1998 so there is no n109 relay for the shut off valve

has someone an idea?

thank you

Last edited by steffenvh; 13-06-2022 at 10:52 AM.

0 0 0

2. Re: 98 Passat AFN 110 with absolutely no power past 2-3K RPM 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    The boost should be 1850...2200 mbar, have you done an output test on the N75 valve to see if the vacuum operated turbo actuator moves? Where did the new Air Mass Meter come from? No (relevant) codes and no power is nearly always the AMM on the VEP TDI.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Similar Threads

1. 2.0 tdi 170, Oil pressure light comes on and absolutely no power
    By Bryden Leask in forum Audi A4 - B7 Forum - 2005 - 2008
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-10-2011, 09:18 AM
  2. I Absolutely Give Up
    By DSG4ME in forum Chat - Completely Off Topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 19-02-2011, 02:57 AM