1. Re: engine overheating at over 40mph 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    I think the main thing to work out is why the engine was overheating. If you get the original water pump out and the impeller is damaged in some way that hopefully means the new pump will fix the core problem. If impeller parts are missing then you may need to think about which bits to flush which way to recover them. So for now I'd just focus on getting the pump out to see if it explains what was wrong.

You don't happen to have any kid of winter pack with extra warmers do you? No immediate problems come with that to mind - but it might help others think about which valves might be flaky.
    ======

Did this forum help you today? Help make sure it's here next time as well. Just click here to make a suitable donation using PayPal .

0 0 0

2. Re: engine overheating at over 40mph 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VAG-Abound View Post
    I think the main thing to work out is why the engine was overheating. If you get the original water pump out and the impeller is damaged in some way that hopefully means the new pump will fix the core problem. If impeller parts are missing then you may need to think about which bits to flush which way to recover them. So for now I'd just focus on getting the pump out to see if it explains what was wrong.

You don't happen to have any kid of winter pack with extra warmers do you? No immediate problems come with that to mind - but it might help others think about which valves might be flaky.
    it's a plain black edition . no winter packs added. i have aux heater and heated seats though

after washing the car today, drove it for 7hrs. started early morning 5am till about 1pm.
    went as fast as 55mph. nothing , no errors, no overheating, dial stayed at 90

as soon as the sun comes out, from 16degrees onward, my air con is playing up. starts blowing less and less cold air till it turns to warm (warmer then the outside temp)
    stopped and moved the flow all 3 stages (lower/ front/windshield) : low is cold(ish)and front and windshield is warm air.
    every time i turn the ac unit off and then on, it blows cold for a few sec and then it turns to warm
    i've replaced the front radiator aircon pressure sensor yesterday

now , after reading about overheating coolant online, does audi has a safety cut thingy that blows hot air inside just to cool down the engine?
    many managed to drive the car home when engine was overheated just by turning heat on full blast. is this smtg that comes as a safety feature rather then an indy trick?

also low oil pressure warning comes on quite often when the sun is out and car comes to a stand still . i have both sensors just don't know where they are to replace them. i've looked 2 hrs yesterday, can't see anything around the oil filter casing
    can my oil pump be on the blink and trigger the overheating issues?

i remember 2 weeks ago, while doing 70mph, i've switched to manual mode and let it go for 30sec or so at about 2400rpm's. coolant temp went to 120 and after i've switched it back to auto and hence lowered the revs, after a min or two coolant went down to normal 90. no red warning though

i don't have an oil pressure gauge or the skills to use one. can i do anything in vcds to check idle values and driving ones too for coolant and oil.
    i've done live measuring values for abs sensors but dont know which ones to chose for coolant and oil and also which are normal values to compare mine against

0 0 0

3. Re: engine overheating at over 40mph 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    Can you post a full VCDS scan?

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

4. Re: engine overheating at over 40mph 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    Can you post a full VCDS scan?
    hi. there's nothing in there. empty
    just my rooftop antenna with rusty connection

drove it ever since and done a motorway trip at 70mph. coolant was at 90 and aircon went down when outside was 18degrees+
    i've topped up the coolant level with about 300ml though, so now it sits a little bit above the MAX level

£65 later, found out that my AC was just low on gas and needed a refill...
    Last edited by johnro79; 16-06-2022 at 04:35 PM.

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12