Hello

I am a long time VW owner driver. I first purchased a new Mk3 Golf 1.8 manual in 1996 and kept it for ten years, I can't remember it letting me down in all that time. In 1998 I purchased a used Mk3 Golf 1.8 manual for my wife to use as a commuting vehicle until the gearbox developed major problems so we sold it and bought a MK2 Polo 1.6 auto for her to use. It was a super little car, great fun to drive but the fuel consumption was appalling. Life changed a lot in 2006 and we sold both the VWs and bought a little Toyota Yaris, then an Auris. Good build quality but dull, oh so dull. Back to Golfs again in 2013 buying a new Mk7 1.5 DSG and discovering the delights of Adaptive Cruise Control. How had I lived without it? Another Mk7 followed 2 years later and a third 2 years later . I really like Golfs Mk 7 but in 2019 upgraded to a Tiguan, I got so fed up with having bigger cars in front of me blocking my view. I couldn't beat them so I decided to join them, buying a 1.5 DSG Match, really a big Golf in many ways but the bigger space was useful and the seats very comfortable. In 2022 my dealer made me an offer I could not refuse to exchange the Tiguan Match for another, this time an Active. Its probably the most frustrating car I have ever purchased and the reason I have joined this forum. I need some advice.