Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    hi all,

i have recently become the owner of a 2004 1.2 seat ibiza 3 door with 64k on the clock, it drives well but has two issues thus far!

i only got one key and it has no fob on it, the locking button on the door card does not work, turning the key in the exterior door lock does nothing in either direction, the boot locks and unlocks with the key but has no effect on the two doors.

my vag com is saying cannot connect to controller so could this be a simply remedy that i can troubleshoot somewhat without aid of vag com?

*Update*

After some searches online, i found a video of the fuse box specifying all the fuses locations, fuse Number 50 was missing completely. i would imagine it was the seller hiding the fault :-/ Now My locking works from the Door panel switch! lock and unlock. but alas the key will only unlock the door when inserted and turned it wont lock it.

Not having a fobbed key i don't know if my car should have remote locking so i need to fix this asap!

a faulty door latch? or worse? there is no resistance while turning the key on the barrel.

i pulled a fault code from the car

my vin is VSSZZZ6LZ4R173451 if thats useful
    Last edited by richiet90; 10-05-2022 at 09:20 PM.

0 0 0

2. Re: 2004 seat ibiza no doors locking 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    after much much much more internet searching. i think the source of my door lock woes is the drivers door lock cylinder paddle thing may be worn out! i am trying to source a repair kit. i think this is the correct one.

Seat Ibiza 2/3 Door Lock Cylinder Repair Kit Left or Right | eBay

im going to attempt to remove the old one tomorrow to determine if it is the culprit and try compare to the repair kits available to get the correct one. i have a main dealer about 30 minutes away if they supply this kit for a reasonable amount id buy it there save the waiting game.

0 0 0

3. Re: 2004 seat ibiza no doors locking 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    how did you get on bud? I have a Q7 that won't lock off the key fob and won't turn the door cylinder. cylinder is currently removed and soaking in wd40 to see if its just ***** in the barrel as it refuses to budge

0 0 0

4. Re: 2004 seat ibiza no doors locking 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    I bought a repair kit for my door cylinder lock, i can now lock and unlock the drivers door but the passenger door and boot still wont lock or unlock from the drivers door with the key :-( they all lock and unlock from the locking switch on the door card but this is still inconvenient but i can lock the car now by pressing the lock button then getting out and locking the drivers door with key. then when i return i can unlock the drivers door with the key and unlock the rest of the car with the door switch, i have no fault codes on vag com, the door lock mechanism must be faulty? otherwise i have no ideas

0 0 0