1. Good start - oil over filled! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    2.0 TDI BMR - After getting a new car (to me) at the weekend I decided to check the oil. It was on the minimum which I was a bit surprised at… so I put some in. I was finding the dipstick pretty had to read as it’s black plastic and the oil was black. Well today I’ve realised it was already on maximum and I’ve put about 1/2 a litre in..

I thought minimum was the small bobble at the maximum and maximum was the next bobble up the dipstick that I now know doesn’t mean anything.

Nice start to new ownership….

0 0 0

2. Re: Good start - oil over filled! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    I did that once , this metal dipstick had a black blob shaped end to it I misstook for a very low and dirty oil level...

Black plastic dipstick in a soot chucker , what were they smoking ?

0 0 0

3. Re: Good start - oil over filled! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    No idea mate but must have been good, or so they thought.

yeah two black balls / blobs. In my mind that was the minimum and maximum markers. But the bottom ball / blob is the max and no idea what the other one is for ���� Looks like I’ve got to get towed to a garage by the RAC

0 0 0

4. Re: Good start - oil over filled! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrO View Post
    No idea mate but must have been good, or so they thought.

yeah two black balls / blobs. In my mind that was the minimum and maximum markers. But the bottom ball / blob is the max and no idea what the other one is for ���� Looks like I’ve got to get towed to a garage by the RAC
    My old man taught me the sump plug drain trick, whip it out count 1 Mississippi and stick it back in again is about 1/2 of a litre dropped. Practise each oil change and you get pretty good at it, he is.

There are extract pumps and dipstick hoses these days far less mess!
    Mad Mitch
    VW Passat 2.0 Tdi Sport 170 BMR Engine, JPQ G/Box, DSG
    Premium Phone Kit, MFSW, Alarm Chirps, Rain Closure, Auto Close
    Emergency Braking Light Flash, Spots as DRLs. VCDS + MicroCAN, 200K Club

0 0 0