Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi All...

We were advised by our local VW garage that my wife's 2017 Tiguan was coming up to the recomended 40k DSG oil change. We booked it in for the job to be done - along with cambelt & rear discs and pads for a total of £1100. Four or five days later, an error came up as she was driving, that put the car into emergency mode, but allowed her to get home.

It was booked in for a diagnostics test and we've just been told the Mechatronics unit needs changing - at £2400!! As a 'goodwill' gesture, they've agreed to make a 50% contribution but prior to them doing their work, the car has never missed a beat.

I've just Googled it and can see they've had recalls in other countries regarding the issue, but not here in the UK. What are your thoughts on this and my options (if any) please?

Regards

0 0 0

2. Re: Mechatronics fault after having 40k DSG oil change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    Could you message me the reg in a private conversation or post the VIN which is not GDPR sensitive data.

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Mechatronics fault after having 40k DSG oil change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    Could you message me the reg in a private conversation or post the VIN which is not GDPR sensitive data.
    What for (or rather - why)??
    Last edited by Willie Hecke; 25-04-2022 at 07:57 PM.

0 0 0

4. Re: Mechatronics fault after having 40k DSG oil change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I suspect Crasher wants to know what type of dsg you have as they vary with engine types and sizes. The vin will then help him to advise you maybe.

1 2 0

5. Re: Mechatronics fault after having 40k DSG oil change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GKR47 View Post
    I suspect Crasher wants to know what type of dsg you have as they vary with engine types and sizes. The vin will then help him to advise you maybe.
    Ah right, sorry, I see.

0 0 0

6. Re: Mechatronics fault after having 40k DSG oil change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GKR47 View Post
    Also, as the car is on the Digital Service System I can see all the dealer entries, quite a lot of entries too, excellent oil change history. The DSG oil was changed by Wrexham Volkswagen on the 1st of this month at 40067 miles. Your car has the DQ500 7 speed wet clutch box and in my experience these are very strong and were used in the TTRS and RS3, also being a popular conversion into the early Golf 7 R as the DQ250 used in those is woefully incapable. I have had a Mechatronic failure on a DQ500 in a TTRS but only that one and the wick was turned right up on that car so I was not surprised it broke. The new Mechatronic for you car, part number 0BH 325 025 P Z3U is £2149.42 inc VAT and is what is known as a Vehicle Intelligent Part and has to be ordered according to the vehicles VIN from Germany which takes roughly 10 days BUT unusually the VAG UK Dorden warehouse is showing one in stock, so that is intriguing. Of course the £2149.42 does not include labour and fluid so quoting you £2400 fitted is not enough in my opinion. I can't think of any reason why an oil change would cause the Mechatronic to fail, it would be interesting to known what the fault code number is.

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: Mechatronics fault after having 40k DSG oil change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, thanks for that Crasher. They've literally just rang to say the part's been ordered....and it'll be 10 days!! I've also asked her for the error code which she's going to ring me back with....

Of course the £2149.42 does not include labour and fluid so quoting you £2400 fitted is not enough in my opinion
    The £2400 I mentioned was not accurate - it was actually more (£2500+ comes to mind, but my wife has the email with the exact price and is in work atm...)

I can't think of any reason why an oil change would cause the Mechatronic to fail, it would be interesting to known what the fault code number is.
    The error code given for the problem was P173500
    Last edited by Willie Hecke; 26-04-2022 at 11:13 AM. Reason: extra info

0 0 0

8. Re: Mechatronics fault after having 40k DSG oil change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, I am unable to start a new thread so apologies. I lost transmission at a set of lights over the weekend. My Leon does not respond in either D or R.

I have a buzzing noise coming from fuse 13 which is "automatic gearbox control unit". Even hours after the ignition is off, the buzzing remains and is depleting my battery. Diagnostics have displayed the following

Hydrolic pump play protection
    Invalid data from gear shift control module
    Transmission fluid pressure
    Function restrictions insufficient pressure

Can anyone assist/advice? Crasher are you kindly able to check my vin if I share it?

Tnx
    A

0 0 0

9. Re: Mechatronics fault after having 40k DSG oil change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    The VIN won’t tell me any more, the Mechatronic pressure accumulator has failed.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0