Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    Have you checked fuses 12 and 23 in the dash side fuse board and that they have power to them?

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

2. Re: Golf MK5 FSI P0576 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    Have you checked fuses 12 and 23 in the dash side fuse board and that they have power to them?
    Hi

Thank u again for the support u give ...

Pls see attached link ...
    IMG20220429000326.jpg and 3 other files | Files.fm.

Fuse 12 and 23 are ok have 12 V and the last photo is for driver door control unit , cable red and yellow and brown cable have +12V but windows are not working not even u hear the window motor winning ...and as usual no communication...

I have a guessing can this could be gateway module !?
    But when u see gateway module no error on it as no communication with driver or passenger CU !!!!

Pls advise where to look further

Regards

Adel

0 0 0

3. Re: Golf MK5 FSI P0576 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    Is the door lock and mirror indicator working?

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

4. Re: Golf MK5 FSI P0576 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Is the door lo
    ck and mirror indicator working?
    Hi
    If i could good remember: the Door lock yes it works ...but outside mirror not working u can't get them adjusted and also heated mirror Function is not working...
    All 4 windows are electric and all the 4 not working even the rear one from their direct button

Sliding roof not working

AC panel no light on it ,always off and not working also .

Regards

Adel

0 0 0

5. Re: Golf MK5 FSI P0576 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    So all the doors lock and unlock?

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

6. Re: Golf MK5 FSI P0576 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    So all the doors lock and unlock?
    Hi

I m sorry I was mistaken ...i hear the doors sound tchik tchak but the door are not locking
    The only door that lock and unlock with remote is the rear right door

All the other 3 are not working with remote

Only driver door lock with key

Regards

Adel

0 0 0

7. Re: Golf MK5 FSI P0576 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    I had this once many years ago on a 5 door 2008 R32, it had been in our body shop for a new left rear door skin. I brought it out the next morning so it could be cleaned before handing back and the cleaner could not open the left doors and everything was dead in the left front and rear doors. A code read showed no comms with the front and rear left door controllers; to be brief the front door gets power and CAN data from the BUS and the rear gets power and LIN data from the front. To get at the convenience ECU means removing the glovebox on right hand drive and this means opening the door, which was impossible. Again to be short we took the seat out and put it in the back and removed the door card with the door shut which is hard. I then rigged up a used harness from the drivers door lock motor plug and with the speaker removed we could just get to the door lock plug and with an operation of the central locking, the door opened. I judged this to be a faulty convenience ECU so I fitted and programmed in another but the radio remote would not work on the new German made unit so I refitted the original Chinese made ECU and it worked and has continued to do so now for years. I have heard of other instances like this where my suggestion of disconnecting the battery overnight has worked.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

8. Re: Golf MK5 FSI P0576 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Hello

Thank u for sharing this experience....

1-/ i will first start by disconnecting the battery for a whole night

2-/;if this will not work , i will bring another used convenience ECU and code it ...

By the way where is the Conv ECU is located
    My car is a left hand drive

Is it the comfort module ?
    Pls see this link
    https://youtu.be/PLd9TUGa5Hw
    3-/If i change this by a used one and code it , remote will work ?

Regards

Adel

0 0 0

9. Re: Golf MK5 FSI P0576 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    I had this once many years ago on a 5 door 2008 R32, it had been in our body shop for a new left rear door skin. I brought it out the next morning so it could be cleaned before handing back and the cleaner could not open the left doors and everything was dead in the left front and rear doors. A code read showed no comms with the front and rear left door controllers; to be brief the front door gets power and CAN data from the BUS and the rear gets power and LIN data from the front. To get at the convenience ECU means removing the glovebox on right hand drive and this means opening the door, which was impossible. Again to be short we took the seat out and put it in the back and removed the door card with the door shut which is hard. I then rigged up a used harness from the drivers door lock motor plug and with the speaker removed we could just get to the door lock plug and with an operation of the central locking, the door opened. I judged this to be a faulty convenience ECU so I fitted and programmed in another but the radio remote would not work on the new German made unit so I refitted the original Chinese made ECU and it worked and has continued to do so now for years. I have heard of other instances like this where my suggestion of disconnecting the battery overnight has worked.

Thank u for all this help pls see post below

0 0 0

10. Re: Golf MK5 FSI P0576 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    On LHD the convenience “comfort” unit is still behind the glovebox on a bracket secured to the heater unit ducting.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast