1. Losing coolant cdud engine 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi. Really struggling with this strange(to me) problem. After a long or hard run, there is a smell of coolant from outside the car. The temperature reading does not go over 90, and the coolant expansion tank is very low. I had a code which was to do with the secondary coolant pump which I have changed. While the secondary pump was out I took the opportunity to flush the heater matrix. There was very little crud in there and flushed clean very quickly. I also started a full coolant flush. Removing the expansion tank cap and unscrewing drain plug on off side of radiator at the bottom. There didn't seem to be much coolant come out, maybe 3-4 litres. I have read that the coolant amount in the system should be 11.5 litres. I then put coolant flush and water to the minimum line on the expansion tank. I didn't take much notice as to how much I had put in (alrhough i dont rhink it was much ). I then ran for 50 minutes as per instructions. After cooling, i unscrewed the drain plug again and got again roughly 3-4 litres out. I then filled with antifreeze and water and managed to get just under 4 litres in!!. I took the car for a long drive and again tge coolant wend down, but did notice that underneath the expansion tank was wet from the over pressure cap. I am getting really wound up with this and was wondering if there could be something stopping the coolant from fully circulating and also not letting it all drain out. Something like a thermostat or similar that could be faulty. There ate no codes on the car.
    Please please help me unwind my brain!

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

0 0 0

2. Re: Losing coolant cdud engine 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    It's a?
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Losing coolant cdud engine 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It's an a6 c7 4g avant 3.0 diesel quattro engine code cdud. I did take it for a drive yesterday. Its been stood from then at 5pm till this morning at 7am and still had pressure which makes me think there are no leaks?

0 0 0

4. Re: Losing coolant cdud engine 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi I'm desperate to get my car running ASAP as I have to do a long journey next week. Please has anybody got any suggestions for me to look at.
    Thank you in advance

0 0 0

5. Re: Losing coolant cdud engine 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Send me the reg in a private message.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

6. Re: Losing coolant cdud engine 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Almost certainly this will be coolant valve in the V, this is an extremely common failure, the valve is part number 059 121 737 AM and is a very reasonable £75.41 BUT it takes many hours to change.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: Losing coolant cdud engine 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Im quite sad now. I was really hoping it wasn't that as its not leaking from there. Looking like a long weekend under the bonnet!. Is there anything els3 I need to replace along the way? Gaskets or anything?

0 0 0

8. Re: Losing coolant cdud engine 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well the coolant regulator had been leaking along with the gaskets under the oil cooler! Fave it a good cleaning and new gaskets and coolant regulator. While the fuel lines were off, I took the opportunity to clean the needles on the injectors. Glad I did as some of the holes were blocked.
    Here lies my new problem. I bled the fuel lines using vcds and fuel is certainly present at each injector. The engine will not start. I have had the battery off while doing the work so didn't know if that may have something to do with the car not starting. I did notice however, when I had the pump running with vcds, it didn't seem to build up pressure as the pump sound did not change from the start! Cannot see any leaks anywhere either. Help!

0 0 0

9. Re: Losing coolant cdud engine 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Take the injectors back out and have them tested.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

10. Re: Losing coolant cdud engine 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi. Along time since I posted. I replaced the coolant valve in the 'V' with the correct part from the dealers along with new gaskets. Cleaned up all the mess and all pipes, egr cooler flushed. Also replaced the aux coolant pump under the windscreen and the coolant valve for the transmission ( also genuine parts from the dealers. The problem I have is, the car had been stood over night, and the coolant reservoir was empty. I unscrewed the cap, which was still holding pressure, and a little coolant came back into the tank. I didn't have time to fill, as late for work (which is a 2.5 mile journey). When I got to work, had a bit of time so I thought I would top up the tank. To my surprise, the tank was now above minimum. Does anyone know where the coolant is being held and why? Also, while driving on longer journeys, sometimes the heaters in the car go cold. I suspect that with the coolant going lower in the tank than the heater matrix, the matrix is being starved of coolant. Could this be the case? And is there any fixes. This car is really testing me.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast