Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Calling Crasher-I'm desperate now!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: Calling Crasher-I'm desperate now! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks Crasher, no aftermarket stuff on the car at all thankfully. Just been out now, made a few more checks, fault just the same, totally out of ideas. I am going to buy and fit another crank sensor just for the hell of it, let's see what happens. VCDS detects the immobiliser as a separate control module, incidentally, my ECU is Simos 037 906 025 A, but according to my cracked copy of ETOS, it should be 037 906 025 P, don't know what's going on there. I am racking what is left of my brain! What could cause no spark and be temperature or timing affected and rectify itself every time car is left for a while without fail? I am thinking ECU maybe?

0 0 0

2. Re: Calling Crasher-I'm desperate now! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    59 Post(s)
    0n your car the ign coil on these models theres a amplifier incorporated into coil The ecu on this model runs on system siemens simos & has a 68 terminal single plug i will post later on the data you require

0 0 0

3. Re: Calling Crasher-I'm desperate now! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    The factory fitted immobiliser is a box under the dash which sends the run signal to the ECU, it will not cut the engine when it is running. 037 905 025 A was replaced by 037 906 025 P but both are obsolete. Has it got an alarm system?
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

4. Re: Calling Crasher-I'm desperate now! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi Crasher, I've got the relevant wiring diagrams for the ECU, 68 pin connector etc. Car does not have an alarm. I changed the G28 sensor yesterday and have just had car ticking over for 30 mins and it has just cut out. I've known people scrap cars for faults like this..... wonder if it will be me?!

0 0 0

5. Re: Calling Crasher-I'm desperate now! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    It would be a rare thing but it is beginning to look like the ECU, I did have a few Simos ECU's fail. Finding one will be a problem but then it needs to be matched to the immobilser which is easy for me but not you. If it is definitely spark delivery, with a new Beru coil incorporating the amp, ECU relay and new G28, I can't think what else it could be apart from the ignition switch. Try it with the fuel pump relay (position 12) out but with the terminals 4 and 6 bridged, this will eliminate the relay itself and the ECU pulse as the relay powers the pump AND the injectors. I would do the same with the ECU relay (position 3) to eliminate the ECU relay driver.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

6. Re: Calling Crasher-I'm desperate now! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks again Crasher. Fault is same with Delphi and Hella coils, both good makes in my experience, Delphi and Haas crank sensors + Original that came from GSF (OK Haas is cheapo from ECP where I work, but worth trying just for elimination) There are ECU's out there but unfortunately not in the UK, just found at least 5 on Ebay. Note what you are saying about coding to immobiliser, what software would I need to do it?. Ignition switch is doubtful. I have wiring diagrams in Haynes manual (pretty basic) and more detailed and specific ones I have downloaded There is just one pole on the switch that is of interest and could cause the fault, and that supplies loads of circuits on the car. We would be looking for the 12V +ve feed to disappear long enough to cut off the electronics, then stay off for ages (at least 20 mins.) stopping the car from starting again. I have monitored this circuit at pin 3 of the MAF sensor, which is a good place as it is after the ECU relay and quite easy to access, and the voltage is perfectly stable before and after cutout. Problem is, I have a great garage, (has a ramp), but I cannot get a car into it because of a completely stalled resto project so am having to work on the Golf outside, and today it is blowing a gale and raining every 5 mins! When I next get some decent weather, I intend to: break into the ECU wiring harness, put monitors (probably LED's) on any supply feeds, monitor the drive output to the coil, the injector output, and any relevant ground connections and see if anything untoward shows up. After that, who knows?..........

0 0 0

7. Re: Calling Crasher-I'm desperate now! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    If you bridge the two relays out you can eliminate the trigger signals for both. I will email you the genuine wiring diagram, you may not have it.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

8. Re: Calling Crasher-I'm desperate now! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks very much

0 0 0

9. Re: Calling Crasher-I'm desperate now! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    59 Post(s)
    The ady engine codes semens simos covers the following vehicles with the same 68 terminal Golf/vento passat 94-96 corrado/sharan 2 litre models. If on the other you require a ecu any of these vehicles listed all you would to do is get the ecu virginzed job done but i would certainly check out ect temperate sensor & the air temp sensor

0 0 0

10. Re: Calling Crasher-I'm desperate now! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    You can disconnect the G61 knock sensor, G40 cam position sensor, G72 Inlet manifold temp sensor, G62 coolant, G39 lambda, G70 AMM, N80 TVV and even the J338 throttle body (with a big of throttle added) and the ADY/AGG will barley react and keep running almost as if nothing happened, the only sensor you can shut it down with is the G28.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast