1. PD130 Bora ASZ - Black liquid in exhaust & Smoke on acceleration 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi as the title states i've got a PD130 Bora and i'm getting a small amount of what looks like oil coming out of the exhaust along with some smoke on acceleration.

I don't want to call the liquid oil as i'm not certain that it is, it feels a bit thin to me.

The car has previously had a faulty gasket on the tandem pump that slowly leaked diesel into the oil system/on top of the gearbox, other than this its had no real issues.
    I changed the gasket and changed the oil/oil filter and it was going great for about 6 months and now whilst being stopped at a set of lights on a hill it started smoking what looks like white to me, and has since done it every time the car is on (it's not currently being driven).
    I noticed that there was dark spots on my driveway the morning after the smoking first started and have witnessed it spitting out of the exhaust along with the smoke when the accelerator is pressed. It's not a large amount of liquid in the exhaust my any means but it being there in the first place is a concern for me.

It's a straight through stainless steel exhaust, if that makes any difference, and i mention the tandem pump issue as i feel like it may be connected to this.
    I've experienced turbo seals going on a previous car and honestly don't think that's the issue here.

my question is has anyone experienced something like this or have any idea what my issue is?

Thanks for any feedback on this.

0 0 0

2. Re: PD130 Bora ASZ - Black liquid in exhaust & Smoke on acceleration 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    Is the fluid thin and dries to just leave a stain or does it stay wet?
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Similar Threads

1. Black liquid coming from exhaust
    By Guest 2 in forum Audi A6 - C6 Forum - 2005 - 2010
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 17-02-2012, 10:37 AM
  2. Black Smoke and stumbling on acceleration
    By mark_88_turbo in forum Audi A6 - C5 Forum - 1998 - 2004
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-06-2011, 09:59 PM
  3. MPG dropping, smoke from exhaust, oil type liquid from exhaust too
    By UK_TIVO in forum Audi A3 - Archive Topics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-02-2009, 12:13 PM
  4. Black smoke on hard acceleration (Not every time)
    By t_basham@hotmai in forum Vento - 1994 - 1998
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 24-10-2007, 06:07 PM