1. Clutch 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Since iv owned the car the clutch pedal has been low and sharp bite point quite heavy to push down a release. Yesterday out of no were the clutch pedal feels a lot lighter and the bite point is half way up of the pedal travel.
    Does this mean the clutch is on its way out or did I have a problem before and no it's normal?
    Last edited by Dleeds; 01-04-2022 at 10:16 PM.

0 0 0

2. Re: Clutch 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    Self adjusted ?

0 0 0

3. Re: Clutch 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    There are two different systems, external slave or internal concentric.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

4. Re: Clutch 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok I'm not sure which one mine is. Was just weird how much of a difference there is. Parked up then next morning clutch was totally different still has same brake clutch fluid level

0 0 0

5. Re: Clutch 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok so today the clutch pedal started to stick half way down. I was quite far from home so carried on driving. Engine was to hot to check down the back of it. Anyway the more I drove I started to struggle to get gears. Now it's been parked up it won't get any gear when it is started. When it's off I can select gears
    So is likely to be behind the pedal or the slave cylinder in the gear box?

0 0 0

6. Re: Clutch 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Message me the reg or post the VIN.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: Clutch 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    You have the 02Q transmission with the internal concentric release bearing. We have been fighting one of these in an Alhambra 2 for a couple of weeks now. It presented with a pedal that hit the floor but pumped back up with a number of hand operations which can be master cylinder or release bearing. Obviously the MC is cheaper so we did that first and it worked for a few weeks and did it again so we did the full clutch. After a few weeks it did it again but now had some resistance right at the bottom and it immediately came back as the pedal was pulled up and we think this was the plastic in-line vibration damper so we fitted a new one Friday for me to test over this weekend. Getting in to go home it stuck down again but this time it was the very poorly fitting floor matt just being in the right spot to lock it down so that went in the passengers footwell and it has been fine yesterday and this morning.
    Last edited by Crasher; 04-04-2022 at 10:44 AM.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

8. Re: Clutch 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok thanks I don't think I bring myself to spend any money on this car I'd probably do it if it was just the master cylinder. Don't trust with not being able to select gears.

0 0 0