1. Post Drainage points b7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi , I have 2011 b7 bluemotion passat . I had engine light show up and the garage read numerous codes and cleared them and all was ok for a week , then after heavy rain the light came back on for a day and now its off again . I popped the bonnet , cleaned out lots of dead leaves and compost like substance from under the passenger side windscreen scuttle and will do the driver side tomorrow , but cant seem to locate the drainage plugs . I am wondering if the heavy build up of debris caused water to get near the ecu , thus throwing up codes and engine light , and cleaning this area out will at least eliminate that from any possible causes , I did the same on my previous car , Audi a6 2002 but just pushed the drain hole bungs through .Does anyone know exactly where I can find these drain holes under the scuttle trim? Thanks in advance

0 0 0

2. Re: Drainage points b7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    It doesn’t use the type 3B (B5 in your way) design of plenum chamber to the type 36 (B7) and with the screening doesn’t seem to get filled with water; however the ECU’s seem to suffer corrosion damage and the state some of them are in when removed is a shock. We have seen a few fail now due to water getting inside the case and damaging the board and a clue to this is sensor ref A or B fault codes as these can only be generated by ECU internal failure. Don’t bother trying to get it repaired or tested, every single company I have ever tried for this sort of work is useless and often say something is faulty when it isn’t or, more infuriatingly, the other way around.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Drainage points b7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Thx once again )

0 0 0

4. Re: Drainage points b7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Engine codes showing coolant sensor 2 , making it look like radiator fan is blocked but it isnt. I know there are 2 sensors on the cffb engine but which one is most likely the culprit, egr side or thermostat housing side?

0 0 0

5. Re: Drainage points b7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    Any chance of posting a full VCDS scan?
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

6. Re: Drainage points b7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I think my mechanic uses snap on scanner. It has proved successful previously but the engine light is coming on and then resetting itself almost daily. I will change one or both coolant sensors this coming week although the car drives normal and temperature seems stable.

0 0 0

7. Re: Drainage points b7 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Garage unable to fit me in til 22/04/22 to replace both coolant temp sensors. I rang Euro car parts and they stock ERA sensors , @£16 each or main ******* genuine VW is £52 each , big difference in price and I am tempted to go for ERA . The engine light was resetting itself after few hrs for about 2 weeks but now its on permanently , although the car drives like normal .Scan showed coolant temp sensor TWO high. Not sure where sensor TWO is located but I would assume sensor ONE is the primary one , that sensor maybe the side of the engine near EGR valve and sensor TWO perhaps someplace near the radiator ? Will be replacing both just to be sure .

0 0 0