Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all,

New here, so please be gentle!

For the first time in my life, I’ve bought an Audi - so I’ve got lots to learn

I’ve bought a 2007 C6 Avant with a dead MMI. There appears to be water in the tailgate, and I did read somewhere (before I purchased) that a common fault is for the rear washer to leak and take out the MMI - so I’m hoping that’s the problem!

The screen inside is completely dead and the buttons on the console are non-responsive. Other dashboard controls are functional, so I think the issue is solely with the MMI.

Can anyone help me out with the location of the MMI module and how I can go about testing/replacing?

Thanks in advance!

0 0 0

2. Re: C6 2007 - MMI dead 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    The front information display and operating unit control unit -J523- is behind the glovebox, it is powered from fuse 10 in the left side dash fuse board
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: C6 2007 - MMI dead 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok, so likely not related to the washer fluid leak in the tailgate?

0 0 0

4. Re: C6 2007 - MMI dead 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    Water in the tailgate is usually a pipe connection. Take off the trim and you should see the issue.
    Current- A6 C8 40 tdi quattro s line Daytona Grey
    Gone-S3 sportback, A6 C7 biturbo saloon,A4 B 8.5 avant, A6 C6 3.0 tdi Quattro saloon, A6 C5 2.8 Q Avant

0 0 0

5. Re: C6 2007 - MMI dead 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok, I’ve followed this guide (Audi: MMI Problems Diagnostic | Audiworld) and can’t pin point the issue down to any single module.

The guide ends by saying that the fault is likely the ‘main MMI module’ but it doesn’t explain where this is. Can anyone help? I’m assuming it’s behind the glovebox, but there’s a few modules back there and none of them (apart from the little black Temic one) appear to habe fibre going to them. I just want to get it off so that I can retrieve the part number.

0 0 0

6. Re: C6 2007 - MMI dead 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Also, would VCDS help pin point the cause of the problem?

0 0 0

7. Re: C6 2007 - MMI dead 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    Yes it is behind the glovebox, have you checked the fuse? I have seen the radio unit in the boot get wet and blow the fuse but I would have to check the specific diagram against your VIN as there are variations due to date and equipment
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

8. Re: C6 2007 - MMI dead 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for your reply. Yes, I’ve checked all the fuses in the passenger side of the dash and the boot and I’ve checked that all of the modules are recieving power, except for the control panel - so that’s my next step. I can’t actually find a radio module with a fuse in the back of it anywhere. I’ve checked in the boot sides, behind the dash and under the seats. Anywhere else??

0 0 0

9. Re: C6 2007 - MMI dead 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    A cording to elsaWin it is behind the glovebox, PM me the reg or post the VIN and I will double check at work tomorrow.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

10. Re: C6 2007 - MMI dead 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks, really appreciate that.