Notices

User Tag List

Thread: 2009 passat cc 140hp 200k time for new oil pump?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. 2009 passat cc 140hp 200k time for new oil pump? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Hi all im back,

So i took a bit of a liking to a Passat cc and decided to buy it, it needs some tlc all round but seems solid.

now my main concern is should i replace the oil pump drive? in guessing this car has the hex drive style oil pump being a 2.0 tdi, i don't have the exact engine code at present as im collecting the car tonight.

secondly it needs the chrome trim between the door and window glass L/H front.
    P/N 3C8853071 ???

the dipped headlights are basically pointing at the floor so might need to replace both headlights i will try adjust them first.

the seller states the car has had the Dpf and cat removed and mapped out and also power increased from 140hp to 180hp but it didnt seem like it had this amount of power to me felt more like a 1.6 tdi passat only way i can describe it! turbo on the way out?

im hoping to sort its niggles out for around 1k euro.

i will add more information tonight or tomorrow but any input is appreciated.

0 0 0

2. Re: 2009 passat cc 140hp 200k time for new oil pump? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    It depends if the car was built before 4/11/2009 where it would have the 77mm key but most don't make 200K miles so it may have been done.

0 0 0

3. Re: 2009 passat cc 140hp 200k time for new oil pump? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    thanks for the reply crasher and boost in confidence in the engine.

my engine code is CBAB.
    the car is slightly down on power i think anyway, i found a disconnected vac line has a yellow joiner in it goes to a solenoid on the bulk head, as soon as it was connected i got code P2563 - turbo charger boost control position sensor A circuit range / performance.

is turbo on its way out or is this a simple remedy?

0 0 0

4. Re: 2009 passat cc 140hp 200k time for new oil pump? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    Check the vacuum diaphragm on the turbo by apply a vacuum to the port.

0 0 0

5. Re: 2009 passat cc 140hp 200k time for new oil pump? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    thanks crasher, i cleared the code and so far it has not reappeared so i will check the diaphragm tomorrow ill jerry rig something for the vacuum.

just a thought could the seller have disconnected this for some reason or am i just overthinking it a bit

0 0 0

6. Re: 2009 passat cc 140hp 200k time for new oil pump? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    God knows what people will do to sell a car, disconnecting something to hide a fault could be interesting if it was the high voltage system on an EV

0 0 0

7. Re: 2009 passat cc 140hp 200k time for new oil pump? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    very true crasher 😅 my mpg at roughly 40 😳 and low to mid 40s is this correct for this model? im guessing that the 19 " wheels the previous owner fitted is not helping?

finally maybe even more importantly my high beams are pointing too high but my dipped beam is fairly bang on! they cant be independently focused can they?

0 0 0

8. Re: 2009 passat cc 140hp 200k time for new oil pump? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    i put some vacuum on the actuator with a big syringe and it moves freely not sticky, but it did sound like there may be some vacuum leaking not 100% sure as ideally id need a vacuum tester with a gauge. the fault is intermittent, i couldn't find any damaged vac lines or wiring, i couldn't get the plug off the actuator i didn't want to risk breaking the connector. is this an O.E only replacement or could i use an aftermarket one?

thanks

0 0 0

9. Re: 2009 passat cc 140hp 200k time for new oil pump? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    If you apply a vacuum, it should hold it indefinitely.

0 0 0

10. Re: 2009 passat cc 140hp 200k time for new oil pump? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    ok ill see if i can get my hands on a proper tester, i just watched a youtube video and he showed the actuator at idle fully extended and removed the vacuum hose and it lifted back up. would this be an ok way to test the actuator? if so would it be likely the sensor inside that is reporting incorrectly to the ECU?

i have also saw your post on another thread showing how to install new actuator per VW manual very handy information.

thanks 😁

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast